The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One mirrorless announcement next week?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Maybe I’m just getting old but I don’t see the point of second guessing what will be announced in a days time ... THEN we can at least decide whether it’s for you/us or not based on facts vs speculation.

:chug:

kdphotography

Liking that new Phase One Blue shutter button.

Hey, Graham! Did you notice that it will match perfectly with the Graham Welland MFDB bumpers?

:ROTFL:

CI in Carmel MFDB Welland Wraps.jpg

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
So sticking with the subject of this thread, I also own GFX gear but that is not the main discussion point here-it is Phase. Let’s not muddy the water.
I don’t think the water can get any more muddy. I don’t care if people want to speculate, it is intriguing and fun to do and getting a little sidetracked is relative since it appears this might be there attempt to answer the size and weight of the X1D and the GFX. Seems speculation and talk is what Phase is after, why else would they release the teasers. we’ll all be watching closely to see exactly what it is.

However it reminds me of all the hype Hasselblad threw at us about the new X1D, only to find out it’s a nice upgrade, but nothing deserving of the hype they threw around it.

If you really want to save weight use an iPhone.
Really! So if I’m too old and knees and back can’t handle a 35 lb bag with the XF/IQ4 150, I should just bag it? Instead of carrying a 20lb GFX 100 kit?

I realize how incredible the IQ4 150 is, and the firmware options it offers are terrific. I love shooting with mine. But if I have a 8 mile round trip hike in the mountains, I’m gonna opt for the Fuji. The only other choice is to not go, I'm certainly not going to make the hike to take snaps with my iPhone.

Jeffrey

Just remember, no matter how great the new gear is, all of the "experts" will review the gear and find something they don't like.

The real test will be from us Cambo/Phase/Rodie shooters who actually use this gear and are darn happy with our image captures.

MrSmith

But users will also find something they don’t like. Be it price, weight, lack of firmware support, or just a menu function or usability instance that annoys, is missing or simply not as well implemented as other cameras.
That happens with every camera or product.

Connor Ray

Limited to 12mm shift (rise/fall), no tilt/swing, not being able to use lenses already mounted in Cambo lens panels… some things that would be disappointing…

Limited to 12mm shift (rise/fall), no tilt/swing, not being able to use lenses already mounted in Cambo lens panels… some things that would be disappointing…
I agree. These would make it of little interest to me, especially once the - inevitably huge - price is taken into account.

Paul2660

I guess we all find out tomorrow, actually 5 days from first teaser which on Last Thursday said 4 days, which would be today.

Paul C

Jeffrey

Amazing! The product hasn't been released and already people are complaining about something they haven't seen.

People, go shooting and forget about hardware, money, and whatever else is bothering you.

I think I'm done reading the posts on this website.

Steve Hendrix

Needless to say, it's been very interesting to see and hear about the various speculations. And with speculation, there often is only negativity, once it seems it is not the ultimate holy grail. Once it seems to fail that pre-test, then many will state why it means nothing to them, like it's a bad idea to create a product that brings something new to the table and the manufacturer shouldn't have even bothered. While those who it does mean something to, will simply have to wait until tomorrow.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul2660

Needless to say, it's been very interesting to see and hear about the various speculations. And with speculation, there often is only negativity, once it seems it is not the ultimate holy grail. Once it seems to fail that pre-test, then many will state why it means nothing to them, like it's a bad idea to create a product that brings something new to the table and the manufacturer shouldn't have even bothered. While those who it does mean something to, will simply have to wait until tomorrow.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Well there is more to it than that, I guess. Many may feel that previous products may have needed a bit more focus to get to where they might be considered stable. This is I am sure a great product by P1, but the fact that it's been a year now and the IQ4 is not either stable or able to conform to the "standards" that were set by previous Phase CMOS backs are possibly concerned about total resources that Phase can bring to bear now.

Image quality is outstanding, no doubt on the IQ4, but it's far from a "stable platform" in the standards that Phase One has set in the past, at least mine is not.

Paul C

Steve Hendrix

Well there is more to it than that, I guess. Many may feel that previous products may have needed a bit more focus to get to where they might be considered stable. This is I am sure a great product by P1, but the fact that it's been a year now and the IQ4 is not either stable or able to conform to the "standards" that were set by previous Phase CMOS backs are possibly concerned about total resources that Phase can bring to bear now.

Image quality is outstanding, no doubt on the IQ4, but it's far from a "stable platform" in the standards that Phase One has set in the past, at least mine is not.

Paul C

Totally agree, they have been way too slow to remedy some of the missing features and been sloppy with some of the firmware release QC, no doubt.

Posting about how a product is not for you is part of how forums operate, and not limited to Phase One, pretty much any manufacturer has experienced this from time to time. And I'm totally fine with that, wouldn't change a thing. As I said, just "interesting" to read, in light of what we know about this product.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul2660

Same 3 pics that were removed last week.

Wonder who leaked them to photorumors. They even pasted their copyrighted name in them even though images carry an original copyright by photographer.

Paul C

buildbot

Same 3 pics that were removed last week.

Wonder who leaked them to photorumors. They even pasted their copyrighted name in them even though images carry an original copyright by photographer.

Paul C
Not me at least.

It was very easy to find, so I'm not super surprised they eventually were leaked. All I did was see that that search page was active and searched for "phase one" and found the pages with the images. I actually figured they might have intentionally left them up, but after they were edited I respected Phase One's desire to keep them secret.