The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• We are looking for a committed forum member who would like to help with administration and moderation of our forum. Good communication and writing skills would be appreciated. Please message Olaf if you are interested.

Phase One SDK

Massive Si

I'm curious if any developers have tried the SDK to control their IQ backs? I am wanting a way to manage my IQ350 via an android device and as none exist I would have to write my own solution

I see P1 do offer an SDK to the backs, but ye gods, it's almost $3000 a year for access!
As I am not a commercial entity I am struggling to justify it right now, as it will only be for personal use. But before I save up my pennies I thought I would ask if anyone has experience of it and how they got on controlling their DB

thanks

earburner

You can gain a lot of info sniffing the data using 2 access points, a switch that supports port mirroring and wireshark running on a laptop.
Connect you DB to access point 1, with ssid 1 and connect your ipad with capture one pilot on access point 2 with a different ssid. Then the switch that connects the two access points together, configure a port mirror of one of the access points ethernet ports and plug you laptop into the mirror port. Use Wireshark to sniff away... you could use your broadband router as one of the access points. I did this a while back when i had a iq3 100. All of the coms are just simple http posts and could easily coded up :)

buildbot

You can gain a lot of info sniffing the data using 2 access points, a switch that supports port mirroring and wireshark running on a laptop.
Connect you DB to access point 1, with ssid 1 and connect your ipad with capture one pilot on access point 2 with a different ssid. Then the switch that connects the two access points together, configure a port mirror of one of the access points ethernet ports and plug you laptop into the mirror port. Use Wireshark to sniff away... you could use your broadband router as one of the access points. I did this a while back when i had a iq3 100. All of the coms are just simple http posts and could easily coded up :)
I really need to get around to this :)

Massive Si

thanks for the tip I will definitely give it a try. I have port mirroring switches and some old APs kicking around so i just need to get an old ipad to install capture pilot on

buildbot

I spent some time today with Wireshark then wrote up the basic swagger document that describes the interface to the back: https://github.com/mgolub2/PythonPilot/blob/main/iq3_swagger.yaml

It's pretty simple! The capture pilot server runs on port 3300 - One endpoint creates a session on the back, another spits out all of the images and settings available to you, which can bet set with /setProperty, a simple /capture endpoint for triggering the back, and a few endpoints for getting image data. I'm going to write up a python library for controlling the back sometime soon.

Last edited:

earburner

I spent some time today with Wireshark then wrote up the basic swagger document that describes the interface to the back: https://github.com/mgolub2/PythonPilot/blob/main/iq3_swagger.yaml

It's pretty simple! One endpoint creates a session on the back, another spits out all of the images and settings available to you, which can bet set with /setProperty, a simple /capture endpoint for triggering the back, and a few endpoints for getting image data. I'm going to write up a python library for controlling the back sometime soon.
I'm Glad you have taken this up, when i first did the sniff i didn't have time to do anything with it. You may have seen in other posts me arguing how piss poor it was that P1 has not yet implemented capture one pilot for the IQ4 150, well now you know how simple it is.... :)