The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phaseone Blue ring lens and silver ring lens

alajuela

FYI, the automatic focus stacking works perfectly with the 120 sr and the XF.
Yes the lens just has to have auto focus. I must say on the 120 macro, I think the BR is far superior than the MF one I had previously. Maybe my copy was not so great

Last edited:

luggi8

Amazing works! TFS!
I read somewhere that 120SR & BR are the same optical design, 120SR is without LS and AFr but yeah it's a trade-off. I chose the affordable one ^^ and 120SR AF is quite rare, isn't it?
Good to have it in my collection 🍻
Will the Phase One AF 120mm f4 macro silver ring have the same optical performance on a IQ4 150 like the Blue Ring version except LS and AFR?

huyu

Will the Phase One AF 120mm f4 macro silver ring have the same optical performance on a IQ4 150 like the Blue Ring version except LS and AFR?
I don't know my friend as I'm using lower res DB and don't have both to test. Maybe someone can chime in ...

luggi8

Has anybody user- experience IQ4 150 with 120 macro AF Silver Ring? Exampleshots?
I had a 120 MF - poor performance on IQ1 50, and i had a 120 TS BR - was also not a optical performer on the IQ1 50, sold both.

buildbot

Has anybody user- experience IQ4 150 with 120 macro AF Silver Ring? Exampleshots?
I had a 120 MF - poor performance on IQ1 50, and i had a 120 TS BR - was also not a optical performer on the IQ1 50, sold both.
Not the IQ4, but my AF silver ring holds up very well on my IQ3 Achro. It does really well in IR too.
As a bonus, focus stacking works on the XF :)