The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus Mobile 2 now compatible with X2D

baudolino

...and works like a charm! Very fast transfer over wifi when tethering. Images easy to view and adjust on my iPad Pro 12.9 inch, 3rd generation. Heck, I will see if I can avoid the dreadful Phocus desktop by going through this great little iPad app. Thumbs up, Hasselblad!

Photon42

While Wifi works, the cabled connection does not work with my iPad Pro 11" (2nd gen, USB-C). Did you get this to work?

baudolino

While Wifi works, the cabled connection does not work with my iPad Pro 11" (2nd gen, USB-C). Did you get this to work?
I did not try the cabled the connection but wifi works very fast so I do not miss the cable. No live view for the moment. PS: It is necessary to upgrade the camera to new FW 1.10. which is now available on HB's website.

Photon42

Yes, agreed. Cable only makes sense if you want to store the file on the iPad. WIFI works very well and is really fast, if the photo is stored in camera. Follow Phocus (pun ... pun ...) is really useful.

glaiben

Quick question - does PM2 (on iPhone or iPad) allow for use of one of the mobile device's physical buttons to activate the shutter?

Thanks...gregg

Photon42

Just tested. Works well with WIFI enabled. Once connected, there is a camera view button. If you click on it, you will see a black screen and controls for ISO, f-stop etc, where you can do your changes, albeit without live view confirmation. There is a large shutter button, which works as expected and shows you the taken photo within about one second. Does that help?

P.S.
You need the latest firmware 1.1 for the X2D.

glaiben

Just tested. Works well with WIFI enabled. Once connected, there is a camera view button. If you click on it, you will see a black screen and controls for ISO, f-stop etc, where you can do your changes, albeit without live view confirmation. There is a large shutter button, which works as expected and shows you the taken photo within about one second. Does that help?
Thanks - is helpful. The nice thing about the hardwired remote release cable (for the X1D/907X) is that you don't have to look at the device to fire it. But, if the button on the iPhone screen is large, the problem is solved.

...gregg

Photon42

It is the largest one on the screen :) And the wifi solution has advantages to a cable release, too. The largest one being it is always at hand (given you always carry a phone).