The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

photo: Lt. Scott's Fighter Jet

Godfrey

Hard to believe it's been more than ten years since I made this photo ...

Pentax *ist DS + FA28-105mm f/3.2-4.5AL(IF)
ISO 200 @ f/6.3 @ 1/250 @ 28mm

The location was the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, near Chicester in Sussex, England.

enjoy!
G

Swissblad

Hi Godfrey, thanks for posting that pic.

I was just watching some videos of the DH.110 Sea Vixen prototype, in which John Derry was killed at Farnborough while attempting to break the sound barrier.

We tend to forget what tumultuous times in aviation those heady post WW2 days were.

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey, thanks for posting that pic.

I was just watching some videos of the DH.110 Sea Vixen prototype, in which John Derry was killed at Farnborough while attempting to break the sound barrier.

We tend to forget what tumultuous times in aviation those heady post WW2 days were.
Thank you for the video link.

Yes, the birthing of the Jet Age was intense. All the conflicts that pushed it along... !
Whenever I head over to the UK, my friend Dave and I visit air shows and aviation museums.

G

Sabre Inverted - Duxford Air Show 2011
Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4