The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That didn't take long, 100% correct.

This view was right above it, but that would have been too easy :
I did some checks. Must have been a '52 or earlier. The 1953-model had the oval rear window.

I was more or less raised in "Käfers", starting with the 1958 or 59-model, the first with the large rear window. The last one that my father bought was the 1303S Big. He sold it after 10+ years for more than he paid for it initially. I still miss that one.

pegelli

When I lived in Enschede (from 1963 to 1982) and interested in steam trains I sometimes went to Rheine, which still had a large contingent of steam traction at that time.
I found back some negatives (probably from the early 1970's, when I was ~16 years old) of one of these visits.

At the engine shed

Stand by

Filling up with coal

All Leica IIIf + Elmar 50/3.5 (my only camera/lens at the time), Agfapan 100, probably developed in Rodinal

spijker

When I lived in Enschede (from 1963 to 1982) and interested in steam trains I sometimes went to Rheine, which still had a large contingent of steam traction at that time. ...
Those are great images! I didn't make it to BW Rheine until 2011 when the locomotives were long gone. Now the former lok depot is a ruin that's overgrown and falling apart. The rails and turntable are all gone. Only the roundhouse and a personnel building remained.

pegelli

Those are great images! I didn't make it to BW Rheine until 2011 when the locomotives were long gone. Now the former lok depot is a ruin that's overgrown and falling apart. The rails and turntable are all gone. Only the roundhouse and a personnel building remained.
Wow, that's quite a difference, but it's also ~40 years later since my photos. I haven't been there since 1980 or even earlier I think. Is there still anything standing there today?