The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Please recommend a camera back pack or sling bag

rayyan

The camera carry must be light. Water proof.
A Fuji X-T3/ or the XP-2 is the only camera.
3 lenses..XF 16/1.4, 35/2, and maybe a 50/2.
A polarizer.
3 batteries, portable hard disk to store images, 10 SD cards
iPhone.
Passport, CC.

Not everything shall be carried at all times. Battery chargers in the hold. Step up rings in hold.
I have too many backpacks and slings. I just want a simple light carry.

Thank you.

Shashin

So, Rayyan, what is wrong with your other backpacks or sling bags? My best bag is one I bought 30 years ago and, with all the bags since then, have not found a better replacement. Could it be you already have the perfect bag?

Sorry, I don't have a better answer for you, but I wanted to at least give and answer to this question.

jdphoto

I've used Think Tank for sling bags and lighting. Their quality is great and the slings even have a waist strap that's pretty useful when hiking or skiing, etc.

darr

Rayyan,

I use a LOWEPRO SLINGSHOT EDGE 150AW for traveling with my X-Pro2, 18-55mm, 50-230mm, and 14mm. Also carrying two extra batteries (could handle more), battery charger, car keys and wallet. I believe it has more than enough space for your needs. Supplied is an all-weather (AW) cover and it is a small, comfortable and lightweight bag. It fits under the floor in my camper van with the tripods, that is how slim it is. They make a larger 250AW model, but the 150AW is perfect for my needs.

Best to you,
Darr

Godfrey

The camera carry must be light. Water proof.
A Fuji X-T3/ or the XP-2 is the only camera.
3 lenses..XF 16/1.4, 35/2, and maybe a 50/2.
A polarizer.
3 batteries, portable hard disk to store images, 10 SD cards
iPhone.
Passport, CC.

Not everything shall be carried at all times. Battery chargers in the hold. Step up rings in hold.
I have too many backpacks and slings. I just want a simple light carry.

Thank you.
All of that would fit nicely in both my Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L or Wotancraft Mini Rider bags, I suspect. Currently I have the Leica CL + Summilux 35 (1972 edition) + Voigtländer 10mm + Summicron-M 50mm in the Everyday Sling 5L, as well as three filters, two batteries (added to what's in the camera), neck strap, iPhone, wallet, AirPods, and spare SD cards. The Wotancraft Mini Rider will carry a bit more. Both bags have proven to be pretty water resistant.

G

rayyan

Will, jdphoto, darr, Godfrey.

Thanks for your response.

All the bags I have, with just a camera, a spare battery and a polarizer seem to be overkill and heavy for a day’s shooting.
The bag, bought ages ago for an ME and a 50 lux and cron 28, was the Art and Artisans messenger bag. It weighs even less now
with Fuji gear. It is not water proof. But the bag is light!

I am searching for something less than a kilo without the equipment.
I found one, the vanguard Havana 41, at around 0.7x gms.And got one to try.
My son is currently north of your border and he can bring it home.

darr, the one u pictured seems too big for my needs.

I shall check the ones jdphoto and G have recommended.

Happy Thanksgiving and please stay safe.

p.s I might drop the 16/1.4 due to weight n volume. Replace it with a 14/2.8

Godfrey

The Peak Design Everyday Sling (v1) 5L weighs about 475g empty. Here are some pix:

That's the bag with everything in it, closed up; open so you can see how much additional space there is, and with everything on the counter next to it. The kit is the Leica CL plus 'Lux 35, 'Rit 75, Color Skopar 28, spare battery, strap plus cases and hoodies. There's enough additional space for phone, SD cards, more batteries, even my iPad Pro 11" if I squeeze it in.

Oh yes: just measured it. It's about 33cm wide, 20cm tall, and 12 cm deep.

G

Godfrey

Oh yes: for scale, this is the Everyday Sling 5L bag slung across my back as I normally wear it when walking or bicycling:

I'm just shy of 6 feet tall ... it feels small and trim, and is easy to get in and out of quickly. It also doesn't get in the way and tends to stay put when cycling (I sometimes shorten the strap a little for cycling to pick it up on my back an inch or two).

G