The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Printing error Canon Pro 1

Maxx9photo

Folks,

I have been using Canon Pro 1 for the last 10 years for personal stuffs.

With recent IQ4 purchase and use of capture one, I encountered this error on my printer for the 1st time.

On 1st image, I printed direct from C1 after few adjustment, on IIQ format.

2nd image I processed through Lightroom and saved on JPEG Format.

As you can see, the 1st image was not completed and 1/2 page was showing error, while 2nd image there’s no error at all.

Printer settings on both are the same (paper type, size 13x19, etc).

Here’s the weird thing, when I use smaller paper size (8.5x11) both are fine.

Anyone can shed info, What caused this type of error? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

buildbot

I have this same issue with my Pro-10!!! Using Capture One, an IQ3 Achro, and a M1 Mac.

I think what is happening is there is some buffer getting overflown in the printer driver or printer hardware itself, as it only happens on large image sizes. My thinking was that it was the newer drivers, since it did not use to happen.

I was planning on trying a windows computer (ick) to see if that was the issue. Really annoying though I printed like 10 images at once and they all corrupted exactly like what you are seeing.

Maxx9photo

I have this same issue with my Pro-10!!! Using Capture One, an IQ3 Achro, and a M1 Mac.

I think what is happening is there is some buffer getting overflown in the printer driver or printer hardware itself, as it only happens on large image sizes. My thinking was that it was the newer drivers, since it did not use to happen.

I was planning on trying a windows computer (ick) to see if that was the issue. Really annoying though I printed like 10 images at once and they all corrupted exactly like what you are seeing.
I was thinking perhaps the printer cable bandwidth?I’m going to give another try and use a Ethernet cable instead.