The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about Pentax Lens Pouches

handymike

Hello Everyone,
I have a Pentax 6x7 kit, and a couple of lenses came in the cordura pouches. I would like to get 3 more pouches for my other lenses, but I have no idea which would fit. Can anyone help out?
I need pouches for the following lenses (all P6x7):
105mm
45mm
55mm f4

Also, can anyone tell me what the numbers on the pouches mean?
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.32.01 AM.png
Thanks so much!

handymike

Thanks so much, I’ve used the info there when buying my lenses. Unfortunately, no coordinating pouch size is listed.
Here is what I’ve discovered in my search so far with my 6x7 lenses:
The 90-140 fits my 55mm, 75mm & 135mm.
The 90-100 fits 105mm.
I would like to find a 90-120 for my 45mm, but a 90-140 works ok with an addition of extra velcro.
90 is the width
100-140 is the height of the pouch.

Last edited:

rdeloe

Thanks so much, I’ve used the info there when buying my lenses. Unfortunately, no coordinating pouch size is listed.
Here is what I’ve discovered in my search so far with my 6x7 lenses:
The 90-140 fits my 55mm, 75mm & 135mm.
The 90-100 fits 105mm.
I would like to find a 90-120 for my 45mm, but a 90-140 works ok with an addition of extra velcro.
90 is the width
100-140 is the height of the pouch.
Interesting. I see what you mean. I guess those fields haven't been filled in. I like Pentax pouches and just bought myself an assortment for various lenses. Sometimes they're sold on eBay in lots for a good price.

algrove

OP
I have a box with many Pentax lens pouches in it. I will find them and measure them as best as possible. Perhaps they have some numbers on them that helps identify the lens it originally came with.

Sound like a plan?

handymike

I have also discovered that it is not easy to remove any writing (pen / marker) on the white rubber label. Using goof-off removed the white, and left a black rubber label, so I had to use metallic silver Sharpie for labeling my pouches.

algrove

I found 2 Pentax and 3 Tamarac pouches which are better padded than the thin Pentax pouches.
Pentax= S120-150 and S110-210
Tamarac=4.5" dia x5.25"H #MX5341-one
Tamarac=3.5" dia x6.125"H #MX5343-two

Let me know.