The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question for Doug

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Doug,

Great article on C1 shortcouts, thank you very much! The iMessage tip is superb.

My question is back to your viewer shortcut -- Is there a way to create a shortcut for workspaces? Your viewer shortcut is a great tip, but I tend to prefer to do my sorting with a dedicated "light table" workspace using half the screen as the viewer and the other half as a browser window for quicker looks at any single as a larger version. It would be great if I could use a shortcut key to toggle between this and my normal editing workspace, though it is not a huge hassle to mouse to window>workspace>choice.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Excuse some brevity here. The short answer is "yes" at least for OSX users. But as you'll see the route to that answer is a bit circuitous.

1) In C1 save a workspace with a distinctive name, meaning the name of the workspace cannot overlap the name of any other menu option in Capture One. For instance instead of using the name "Edit" you could use "DEP_Edit" or "Edit-Workspace". Copy this name to the clipboard.
2) In OSX [select Apple > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shorcuts > Apple Shortcuts]
3) In this dialogue push the "+" symbol.
--- "Application" should be set to "Capture One"
--- "Menu Title" should be the name of the workspace for the "Menu Title". It must be exact, so paste it from the clipboard
--- "Keyboard Shortcut" can be set to anything, but avoid overlapping any existing default or custom shortcuts that C1 already uses.

This hint also works for assigning keyboard shortcuts to scripts or styles :). Just make sure you have entirely unique, non-overlapping names (C1 will allow you to have a style and a workspace both named "wedding" but this would preclude assigning a shortcut to either*).

*Technically you can use an advanced method to assign a shortcut to a sub-menu option by naming the parent menu - but this is needlessly complex, if you avoid duplicate names it "just works".