The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question Using Electronic Shutter on X1D2

rollsman44

I want to use my Pentax 645 A 120 Macro lens with the adaptor .
Can I control the Shutter speed through the lens or does the Camera default to a set shutter speed? What shutter speed would that be?
Do I have to set up anything in the menu to be able to use the Pentax 645 Lens on the camera? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Dennis

Just to be sure. My Shutter speed is on the Lens so I can select SS on the Lens to ? 1/125 1/250 etc
When Using Flash on Camera can I set the SS on the Lens to any SS I want?
Same question when using Off Camera flash with Pocket wizard on the Camera Body and the Pocket wizard on my OCF
Thank you for your time Dennis

Steve Hendrix

I want to use my Pentax 645 A 120 Macro lens with the adaptor .
Can I control the Shutter speed through the lens or does the Camera default to a set shutter speed? What shutter speed would that be?
Do I have to set up anything in the menu to be able to use the Pentax 645 Lens on the camera? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Dennis

Just to be sure. My Shutter speed is on the Lens so I can select SS on the Lens to ? 1/125 1/250 etc
When Using Flash on Camera can I set the SS on the Lens to any SS I want?
Same question when using Off Camera flash with Pocket wizard on the Camera Body and the Pocket wizard on my OCF
Thank you for your time Dennis

Hi D -

Since the X1D does not possess a focal plane shutter, when using 3rd party lenses, the electronic shutter allows you to set a shutter speed (or more accurately, an exposure value).

You cannot use flash with the electronic shutter on the X1D.

Steve Hendrix/CI

rollsman44

Hi Steve, thank you for letting me know this. Its sad that one cant use Flash with E Shutter. I hope you had a good weekend and Happy 4th Dennis

KlausJH

I don't know about the Pentax lens, if it has a leaf shutter it might work.
Here is a procedure that works with large format lenses with a leaf shutter on all X1D/X1DII/907X, even a flash could be used:
Set the exposure time to T in electronic shutter mode.
Open the shutter on the lens and do all the settings
Close the lens shutter and release the shutter on the camera
Push the shutter button on the lens and terminate T exposure on the camera.
This is a slow workflow, but for macro work it might be applicable.

PabloR

after this two replies, in base of your question, I suggest you two options:

- use your Pentax body with your Pentax lenses
- go and buy a 120 XCD and enjoy one of the best designs ever

Dont know what adapter you are using. But probably you will not have connections between body and lens. So you will not have af, central shutter, auto diaphragms.

finally not the best system to mix.

try the XCD120, you will fall in love with it. Look for a light used one.

ciaooo

rollsman44

Hi Pablo, thank you for sharing that. I decided to sell the Pentax and I purchased the XCD 90 F3.2 I think this will fit the bill Appreciate it Dennis

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Some of my Pentax 67 lenses have qualities I would love to utilize on the X1Dii--such as the venerable 105 f/2.4--but I'm afraid the crop factor would make a difference here. Does anyone have experience using the two available adapters with this combination? (To be honest, I would be even more interested in using some of my XCD lenses on my Pentax 67ii, but I don't think that's possible.)