The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Replacement for Fuji NP-W235 battery & charger?

gurtch

Any recommendations for third party battery (to use as a spare) and dual battery charger? ebay is loaded with them, but any personal experiences?
Dave in NJ

gurtch

Thanks all. I ended up ordering a Wasabi battery, and Wasabi dual charger for NP-W235 batteries. It came to $36.98 free shipping. I have used their chargers before, but never used their batteries, but the consensus seems to be their batteries are fine. If the charge does not last quite as long (this will be a spare battery), that is OK. As an 84 year old Amateur, I have a limited number of shots in me! ;-)

Thanks again

Dave in NJ

Elliot

Thanks all. I ended up ordering a Wasabi battery, and Wasabi dual charger for NP-W235 batteries. It came to $36.98 free shipping. I have used their chargers before, but never used their batteries, but the consensus seems to be their batteries are fine. If the charge does not last quite as long (this will be a spare battery), that is OK. As an 84 year old Amateur, I have a limited number of shots in me! ;-)

Thanks again

Dave in NJ
Hi, Any update on how the backup batteries are performing? I am thinking of the Watson battery and charger.

Shashin

I bought Watson batteries for a Nikon DSLR. The performance and longevity was really low. After that, I have always stuck to the brand batteries, including Fuji. They aren't that expensive.

aksclix

Ive always been fearful of trusting 3rd party batteries.. a cheaper alternative is to buy used branded batteries and chargers.. that’s what I did..

Elliot

I wound up ordering a NiteCore dual charger and battery. I have read good things about their products and hope it proves true. Their store has a 15% off holiday sale, so that helped me decide to try them.

algrove

When I buy a $6k camera I generally do not want to save $35 here and there on questionable battery/charger choices especially if I have traveled to what I consider to be a prime location.