The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rhinocam Vertex as shift adapter.

Schafphoto

I'm looking at the possibility of using the Rhinocam Vertex that was just announced as a dedicated shift adapter for architecture on a Canon R5.
Instead of mounting the mount's tripod foot, mount the camera body and spin the lens. The lens may in some instances be upside down, and shift would always be the fixed setting of the adapter (what around 8mm?) but if the tolerances were tight, it would be a nice way to get a 35mm Pentax HD lens shifted on the Canon.

Vertex page at Fotodiox: https://fotodioxpro.com/collections/rhinocam-vertex

Shashin

I guess I am not sure how much more efficient this would be over a simple shift adapter. You will need to take all four images and then crop. A shift adapter you just need to shift in the direction you need.