The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rumors of new XCD lenses?

usm

Are there any rumors about upcoming XCD lenses?
I’m kind of ready to buy a XCD21 but think of my purchase of the 65mm and the new 55mm which came out a year later...
The 21mm is one of the oldest Hasselblad lenses.

What is a “good” price for a ex demo lens from a dealer? Used xcd21 are rare.

FloatingLens

Sepculation is Hasselblad are going to convert all their lens lineup to the new "V" style (my interpretation from an earlier interview with Chris Cooze). Personally, I am not sure I'd wait just for the sake of that. I suppose you can call me a fan of the minimalist lens design of the first generation.

Paratom

Interesting question. I wish at least the announced 38 and 55mm would be available to acutally buy at the moment. At least here in Germany you cant find them.

tcdeveau

Interesting question for sure. I sold my 21 during the pandemic to free up cash for other things...I kinda want another one as well as the 135 + TC, but I'm hesitant to spend the $$ if they're going to give other focal lengths the 38/55/90 V treatment.

glaiben

Buying used is the least expensive way to protect a lens investment should a "replacement" come out in the future. However, given the slow production of the 38/55 and the yet-to-be-released 90, it seems if you need a focal length now, buy it. Even if H were to replace their minimalist versions with newer V versions, optical formulae are likely to change, and [at this pace] it will take _years_ before all are converted.

jng

Interesting question for sure. I sold my 21 during the pandemic to free up cash for other things...I kinda want another one as well as the 135 + TC, but I'm hesitant to spend the $$ if they're going to give other focal lengths the 38/55/90 V treatment.
And a lovely lens the XCD21 is! :love:

The current XCD lenses are all excellent. With the uncertainty of what's coming next (and when), I say carpe diem. YMMV, of course!

John

anGy

What I've heard from the market responsible in my country: next XCD will be a 20-40mm zoom lens. How reliable this is ? I've no idea.

tcdeveau

And a lovely lens the XCD21 is! :love:

The current XCD lenses are all excellent. With the uncertainty of what's coming next (and when), I say carpe diem. YMMV, of course!

John
glad it’s got a good home!

I’m mainly debating if I should “gear up” before Yosemite in May or not. Part of me is saying “get all the things, what’s the issue?” and the other part of me is saying “use what you have and enjoy the experience, dummy” haha. We’ve all been there.

glaiben

glad it’s got a good home!

I’m mainly debating if I should “gear up” before Yosemite in May or not. Part of me is saying “get all the things, what’s the issue?” and the other part of me is saying “use what you have and enjoy the experience, dummy” haha. We’ve all been there.
I know the feeling - am hoping the 90V ships before my June trip (Yosemite/Glacier/Moab/Palouse). Have reserved a 55V rental in case it doesn't, so I can at least crop it.

...gregg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I know the feeling - am hoping the 90V ships before my June trip (Yosemite/Glacier/Moab/Palouse). Have reserved a 55V rental in case it doesn't, so I can at least crop it.

...gregg
The XCD 90/3.2 is a great landscape lens. Sorry if I've posted this too often... Hikers on the rim of the Mt. Vesuvius caldera.

Matt

jng

The XCD 90/3.2 is a great landscape lens. Sorry if I've posted this too often... Hikers on the rim of the Mt. Vesuvius caldera.

Matt
Indeed, the 3.2/90 is an outstanding landscape lens. I expect the 2.5/90-V (whenever we get to see it) to be in a whole 'nother league in terms of AF speed, but for landscape work AF focusing speed is a non-issue. And the difference in weights between the two lenses isn't so dramatic. So, for > $4K USD I decided to take a pass. For now.

John

Paratom

I dont think the fast af etc is so important for 21 and 30mm lenses. also those are quite compact already.
on the other side a smaller 80/2.0V, or the new 90 or a smaller 135 would be great. Also for shooting portrait etc. fast AF and shutter release would be a benefit.

jduncan

Are there any rumors about upcoming XCD lenses?
I’m kind of ready to buy a XCD21 but think of my purchase of the 65mm and the new 55mm which came out a year later...
The 21mm is one of the oldest Hasselblad lenses.

What is a “good” price for a ex demo lens from a dealer? Used xcd21 are rare.
ITIt seems to me that they are, for all intents and purposes unable to produce the 90mm f2.5
SO I will not expect a new lens soon.
Best regards,

Photon42

I still hope and think they will eventually come up with a 24/2.5-ish lens. It would at least introduce a focal length which would go well with the 38 and is not yet covered.