The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rumors of new XCD lenses?

Photon42

The 30 is a nice one, too. I had occasionally focussing issues with it and my copy developed a shutter problem, which was fixed at no cost for me by Hasselblad. Eventually I traded in the 30+45p for the 38. So a lightweight 24 would come in very handy :cool: Longer end is covered with an orange dot 100HC and a non-OD 210.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I'm getting to really like the 21mm. It makes for good geometric compositions. I'm now not sure which of them I would carry if there were a 24mm as well. 21/45/90 are always in the kit. I still can't decide between the 120 and 135.

hcubell

I know the feeling - am hoping the 90V ships before my June trip (Yosemite/Glacier/Moab/Palouse). Have reserved a 55V rental in case it doesn't, so I can at least crop it.

...gregg
Why not rent the 90mm f/3.2? It is an excellent lens. I assume the better AF of a 90mm V series will be irrelevant where you are heading.

glaiben

Why not rent the 90mm f/3.2? It is an excellent lens. I assume the better AF of a 90mm V series will be irrelevant where you are heading.
LOL SMH - wasn't even thinking about that. I sold my 90/3.2 last year when the 90V was announced. Was anticipating a sooner release date. Plus, the 90/3.2 rental rate is significantly less expensive. Thanks for the idea.

...gregg

tcdeveau

LOL SMH - wasn't even thinking about that. I sold my 90/3.2 last year when the 90V was announced. Was anticipating a sooner release date. Plus, the 90/3.2 rental rate is significantly less expensive. Thanks for the idea.

...gregg
You could also look into buying a used copy and selling it after the trip. I do this sometimes, whatever I lose on the sale is usually less than the rental cost. YMMV.