The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Wow, that is such a neat color in the environs you captured it in... complimentary colors to say the least, these are delicious images.

Yes, good mechanics are sparse. I do most maintenance work myself but the more difficult work is infrequent, so maintaining a driver is not hard to do on our severely restricted budget. Funny how once I get to know everything inside and out about a particular car, it becomes part of me. :) ...

Hey, post some images of your 560!!!:):):) days

dave.gt

Well, Dave, as long as you don't tell anyone . . . these were not taken with a Leica, nor taken with a medium format camera. :}View attachment 187157View attachment 187158
Wow, you weren't kidding, it looks like a new car complete with coco mats! The colors are perfectly coordinated and the car is amazing.

Although I have driven many before, I wish I had gotten an SL years ago but circumstances got in the way. Like so many other things, I still wish I had gotten one!

Thanks for sharing, it put a smile on my face this morning!:)

dave.gt

(Not yet) 'The Old Man and The Sea'

S30-90View attachment 187243
The Old Man and the Sea....:) That is the first image of a future diptych some 50 years in the future. I can only imagine a second photo.

We made a triptych of our marriage from 1971 to 2021... different cameras, a large format for our wedding, and a Nikon F6 for the other two images. Perfect match in black and white.

It told our story, with only our hands as the motif in each one.

Thanks for sharing your personal joys with us.:)

dave.gt

Isolation and voluntary lockdowns in this horrible pandemic have long lasting consequences. The world has changed.

Normally, in September, we would be preparing for tours in the mountains of Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. Our motorcycle tours all the way up to Pennsylvania in years past are but a fond memory.:) Now, we travel only by car but overnight stays are impossible due to Covid.

So, I daydream and wonder how much we can accomplish on long daytrips.

Will we even see color like we last enjoyed in 2019?
Cades Cove Color by Leica S November 2019.jpeg

Or will we arrive too late?
Skeleton Tree in Field Cades Cove FINAL 8x12 November 2019.jpeg

Or, will we make it to the Great Smoky Mountains at all?

Uncertain times.

But, the Leica S006 will be my constant companion. We shall see what lies ahead.

lookbook

Wow, you weren't kidding, it looks like a new car complete with coco mats! The colors are perfectly coordinated and the car is amazing.

Although I have driven many before, I wish I had gotten an SL years ago but circumstances got in the way. Like so many other things, I still wish I had gotten one!

Thanks for sharing, it put a smile on my face this morning!
... if someone wants to see my "Smart", they don't have to ask me for long -.
the Smart is also from Mercedes and has an "S" in its name!*
:)

*unfortunately not photographed with an LS (Leica S)