The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

It is the middle of November… time goes on. But sometimes we don’t notice and it is gone.

Just posting to see if anyone else is still using the Leica S and actually posting. I certainly have been shooting and I have a couple of cards fully loaded with many images that need processing.

My backlog grows every day due to family tragedies, deaths, and now two dire cancer cases. Most concerning is our daughter’s diagnosis. Terrifying for sure, hopeless not quite. But considerably concerning and impossible.

I would hope that S users would keep this thread alive indefinitely because it has a wealth of information about my favorite photography system ever. I may be a bit slow in posting as time continues on. But I will be posting, for sure.

Until then, I know the sun shall rise after the storm as it usually does.

From a previous post:
49BF5E44-85DD-445B-86C6-71B25627E86C.jpeg

KeithDM

Not a S user but do pop in here occasionally to admire your output. Very sorry to read about all the problems and worries that you are having to cope with. Can only wish you the best of luck for the future.

JohnBrew

Dave, sorry to hear about even more health issues in the family. I've had some in my family but we are muddling through.
That said, if I found myself with an S system as my last camera I would not complain! Those lenses, those lenses...OMG.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Dave!

Posted elsewhere, but in the spirit of keeping this thread going, S3, 120/2.5

Ice (that's a building reflected in it, not bizarre color temperature)

Well, it *is* a macro lens...

And it wouldn't be a posting without Soup!

Matt

dave.gt

Dave, sorry to hear about even more health issues in the family. I've had some in my family but we are muddling through.
That said, if I found myself with an S system as my last camera I would not complain! Those lenses, those lenses...OMG.
Hi, John,

Thank you, John. It’s always good to hear from you.:) I’m wishing you and yours a truly happy and safe holiday(s)!:):):)

Yes, the S system is perfect for what I am able to do these days. I could not ask for more.

When I am not shooting film, my first preference is the S system and I have found a niche for it that surprised me. Now if only we could travel overnight, things would be better with different motifs and more opportunities to see what more I could discover. I think I could easily spend the rest of my life and never touch the depths of the system’s capabilities. I am just scratching the surface as it is but it is enough for now. I am patient.:)

I should be in a position to start processing my backlog of work by next week.l since I am reorganizing my little office/Leica Cave as I find time. Sadly, my computer/backups etc need a complete overhaul but that will have to wait. Until then, I will be working through my backlog. Can’t wait!:)

dave

dave.gt

Hi Dave!

Posted elsewhere, but in the spirit of keeping this thread going, S3, 120/2.5

Ice (that's a building reflected in it, not bizarre color temperature)

Well, it *is* a macro lens...

And it wouldn't be a posting without Soup!

Matt
Thank you, Matt!

Love that cat…:)
And the Ice reflection. And the macro! And I especially appreciate the friendly fill-in on the thread. :)

Time is passing so fast, only a few more days to Christmas, yikes! But I will post soon…

thanks again!

dave

dave.gt

It is very dark,very cold and very windy as I head out to the grocery store this morning. It is important to get certain necessities out of the way when I am not needed but I limit my trips to 45 minutes. Sometimes it works!

I will be back before first light. There is no difference between daytime and vesper activities.

The Sun goes up. The Sun goes down.
It’s hard to know which in this town.…but, with the Leica S 006, I do know the seasons are different! We (meaning yours truly) are undertaking a massive pruning project and it will be at least 60 days before the S will again capture nature in full presentation for Spring!

Meanwhile, there is much work to do. Indoors, too. Hundreds of S images need processing but my old MacBook is quickly running out of storage. Just another problem waiting for a solution…haha!:)

Time for me to get back to work!

Stay tuned!:):):)

dave.gt

Just when things are perfect with the season, the weather, light and nature, one sometimes finds it all a bit overwhelming. (Tbh, the weather was very nice but the wind was awful! I hope for a less windy day soon.):(

Be that as it may, I have managed to shoot a bit here and there in the now-pruned rose garden. Much work left to be done there, but images of Spring Daffodils are too important to ignore. Beauty has its own priority in all things, right? Even in the wind.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
15B56813-DBB7-4380-A43D-0920FE3F9CDF.jpeg

46E32A62-9512-4223-BA61-5D7ABD5AE733.jpeg

Last edited: