The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

The sky was crying in October, and I thought nothing about it until now.

This grey morning in January is bleak and colorless because all of the flowers are gone. Next week the annual pruning will begin, a laborious and always bloody task.

New beginnings will soon arrive.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
D6A9278D-5E30-4B00-8E58-157E9AC9C9AA.jpeg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The sky was crying in October, and I thought nothing about it until now.

This grey morning in January is bleak and colorless because all of the flowers are gone. Next week the annual pruning will begin, a laborious and always bloody task.

New beginnings will soon arrive.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
View attachment 180196
Lovely as always, Dave, and particularly welcome these days.
Matt

dave.gt

Lovely as always, Dave, and particularly welcome these days.
Matt
Thanks, Matt,:)

I will be shooting more film for awhile, now that I can send my Velvia off for developing and scanning. It will take awhile before I get the scans. Meanwhile I will change gears and shoot a different type of motif.

When the pruning is done I will be replacing some Rose bushes and preparing for an early Spring. :)

dave.gt

A small request.

This is such an amazing thread that is now over 10 years old, and I have learned a vast amount from simply being a part of this thread. I have been inspired. I have been energized. And I have been somewhat depleted lately due to a difficult nerve problem in my back that has had a significant impact on daily life, not to mention, photography. Normal hings are slow now. And sime things languish. But life goes on!

As I continue to improve and work through the home rehab exercises and such, I would appreciate seeing posts of your work, old and recent, even your archived work, for inspiration.):):)

It will take many weeks to catch up on the neglected responsibilities around the house here, but it will seem to be easier while reading your posts and enjoying your images.

Thanks in advance.:):):)

MGrayson

dave.gt

Old stuff... All with 120/2.5 Macro, come to think of it...

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

This was a two shot hand-held focus stack. Focus on door, move focus point (i.e. center ;)) over lock, then shoot, AF, shoot in quick succession.

Yep, it's an all-weather system!

Matt
Thanks, Matt, lovely work. And the last one answers my question I just posted in the Fun with MF Images thread.:):):) I love the colors and the silence of the moment is deafening.

fotografz

A small request.

This is such an amazing thread that is now over 10 years old, and I have learned a vast amount from simply being a part of this thread. I have been inspired. I have been energized. And I have been somewhat depleted lately due to a difficult nerve problem in my back that has had a significant impact on daily life, not to mention, photography. Normal hings are slow now. And sime things languish. But life goes on!

As I continue to improve and work through the home rehab exercises and such, I would appreciate seeing posts of your work, old and recent, even your archived work, for inspiration.):):)

It will take many weeks to catch up on the neglected responsibilities around the house here, but it will seem to be easier while reading your posts and enjoying your images.

Thanks in advance.:):):)
I've not visited this site as much as I used to ... 2020 was a real crusher of a year. Starting on Thanksgiving day I spent a month in ICU and the Infectious Disease Isolation ward in hospital tossing dice with the grim reaper. Covid-19 is "The Gift That Keeps On Giving"by exploiting even any minor physical weakness you may have ... it'll take months to recover.

So, I've rediscovered this and look forward to also seeing any S shots ... QUESTION: Anyone see work from the S3?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've not visited this site as much as I used to ... 2020 was a real crusher of a year. Starting on Thanksgiving day I spent a month in ICU and the Infectious Disease Isolation ward in hospital tossing dice with the grim reaper. Covid-19 is "The Gift That Keeps On Giving"by exploiting even any minor physical weakness you may have ... it'll take months to recover.

So, I've rediscovered this and look forward to also seeing any S shots ... QUESTION: Anyone see work from the S3?
Sorry to hear you've been under attack, Marc. Hope you recover fully!

MGrayson

Marc,
It is an awful disease. I’m only missing some sense of smell - other people have it much worse. Glad to see you posting!
In partial answer to your question, I should have an S3 in hand by the end of today. How long it will be before there’s something meaningful to show, I can’t say.

Matt

Last edited:

dave.gt

Oh, man, thank you, Marc, for sharing your awful news of having contracted Covid 19 and thankfully surviving in the ICU. Wow. And you are still recovering...

You are in good hands here as this community is as close to a visual arts comfort zone as I can find.:)

Wishing you a much better year, you really deserve it.

D&A

Marc, Covid-19 is insidious and as we all know, has impacted the lives of millions, some unfortunately with tragic effects. Even those like yourself who have had a very serious bout with the virus, can unfortunately face months (and often longer times) of rehabilitation. Many times I've reflected back on your many valuable posts here on Getdpi and good to see you back posting. In response to your mentioning Woody, yes, remember him well from this site and hope he's also over the worse and doing better.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

MGrayson

I've had the S3 for about an hour and I can say, along with other users I know, that it is an S(007) with more pixels. I have NOT tried skin color in good light, so for portrait photographers, my information may be irrelevant. But on import, I can't tell the S3 from the 007 captures until I look at the image dimensions. ISO 6400 *may* be an improvement. ISO 3200 looks the same at the pixel level (I know, that's not the same as at the print or fixed image size level). AF is good, although the 120 does more racking far to close and back, where the 007 just moves towards focus. New camera? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh, ISO 25000 is a festival of banding. The ISO 102000 shots with the GFX 100 were more usable. Yet I don't miss that system at all. OK, a bit.

BTW, "identical to S(007)" is NOT a criticism. The images are realistic and yet lovely. And Capture One profiles are very nice to have. More when I have something worth showing.

Matt

Took it outside. The 24 is amazingly flare-free, and I forgot how much I liked the way Leica handles sky color. Here is hugely underexposed, as I wanted the colors in the clouds to be visible.

Last edited: