The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

And,
Daffodils 1 February by H5D 2021 FINAL 8x8.jpeg

It is difficult with a pinched nerve in my back to shoot such things as daffodils when they are less than a foot above the ground, but the rain and wet ground made it impossible this past week.

The colors demanded attention... so here it is.

Last edited:

Paratom

Dave, your beautiful close-up photo reminded me to ask ... has anyone purchased/used (knows anyone who owns/uses) the breathtakingly expensive Elpro-S filter for the S-APO-Elmar-S 180/3.5 Lens?
View attachment 182263
I own and have used it. What I dont like is to have to screw it on and off. Therefore - when I need to get closer - I use the 120mm instead of mounting the Elpro to the 180. But its just me being lazy.

dave.gt

After some time with mirrorless I was in the mood to use the S-System again. What a joy! I dont want to post images of people (privacy) but the colors and rendering are great, I enjoyed the OVF, and teh overall handling. I should use it much more often.
Colors are lovely and the experience never gets old for me.:)

Privacy issues are the same for me. Those things are just not worth the bother with posting "people" photos. Of course, I haven't been around many people the last 12 months either, so it is no problem. LOL.

Paratom

In earlier times I posted images of my kids sometimes in Photo forum. But I stopped doing so, because you never know in which hands the images go, even in a good forum with good people, like here.

dave.gt

The last few weeks have been busy ones for us. Besides the usual daily adventures, Spring has visited us in full force.

New rose replacements are now done with interesting names like:

1. Peace Rose
2. Coretta Scott King
3. Frida Kahlo
4. Love and Peace
5. Queen Elizabeth

Pinks, reds, and delicious mixed colors should yield some interesting results this year. Along with some new garden additions, I look forward to late Spring. It promises to be a beautiful time to be both a gardener tickling the earth with a hoe, and a photographer.:)

dave.gt

After some time with mirrorless I was in the mood to use the S-System again. What a joy! I dont want to post images of people (privacy) but the colors and rendering are great, I enjoyed the OVF, and teh overall handling. I should use it much more often.
Hmmm... it is Spring, time to exercise the S system! I ask myself "When?" all the time.:)

Then the answer appears, if not now, when?:):):)

dave.gt

A still life to celebrate Daylight Savings Time. That doesn't make any sense, does it. S3, 120/2.5, 2 shots focus stacked.

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

Matt
The light, the textures, the colors and the composition are remarkable. Well done!

I had not thought about it but this proves there are always motifs available. Thanks, for sharing, Matt!:)

dave.gt

Between freezing weather and an EF4 tornado since my last post, I was unsure if Spring would allow for much floral splendor this year. But I should never doubt the indefatigable spirit of Nature.

Everywhere I look around here, azaleas are in full bloom and Spring color is gorgeous.

I walked out to the mailbox a few minutes ago and found the first Clematis blooms opening!

This is the first one for this year to be fully open:

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
First Clematis Bloom by Leica S April 2021 8x8.jpeg

fotografz

Gathered up some assistants and went to the beach near us for an outing, first since being so ill ... caught a candid of one of my pals who lent a helping hand, (shot during a break) ...Jeff.jpg

Leica S(006), ISO 100 @ 1/750 sec ... Apo Elmar-S 180 CS @ f/6.8

Last edited:

fotografz

Here's an out-take ... my lighting assistant with what he called "Thor's Hammer" ... a Profoto B1X 500W/s AIR ... God of Lightening! With the S and CS lenses I can sync to 1/1000th @ full power without resorting to power robbing HSS.

Note the new beach cart in background ... this was it's maiden voyage and it performed better than expected!_DSC5529.jpg

dave.gt

Spring 2021 has been a month late for our garden. Two cycles of freezing temps and killing frost in April were not fun. Our Bermuda grass is still not green and every plant has been abused for weeks.

One of those was a new Hybrid Rose plant that replaced a dead one. But this one survived. This year, with a few scars but it will outgrow them in short order. First rose bloom of the season, and dressed in crazy colors!

Love and Peace Hybrid Tea Rose:

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Love & Peace Hybrid Rose by S May 1, 2021 8x8.jpg

***Note: the three camera comparison mentioned earlier will be posted later. Technical difficulties will be sorted and a more meaningful comparison will be the result. 🙂

Last edited:

dave.gt

Ha! After a decent night's sleep, both of us, me and the rose garden, have taken on new life.

Stay tuned... The S has been busy this morning.

dave.gt

Interesting week so far, with many flower buds presenting. As I was walking the garden late yesterday, I noticed the sun light through the wooden fence shining on this tiny thumb-sized Mr. Lincoln.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Mr. Lincoln Bud by Leica S May 6, 2021 8x8.jpg