The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Bored this week…:)

Just walking out of the garage and shot on the fly… didn’t even bother with alignment, composition or anything, I just felt like getting a quick grab shot. It was a gorgeous Spring Day…

This is a Fun thread, right? LOL..

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
B41EDE14-5442-430D-8D73-585765EC5BC4.jpeg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Spring is so lovely in our part of the world, once we get past the yellow-green pollen plague.:)

This week has kept me busy in the garden and our roses are presenting everyday. My backlog of processing went from 0-100s in two days.

This is how it all starts.

Sun-kissed in the morning.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
A84818B0-4499-431C-B73B-D7E76737B669.jpeg

1F63AB6F-5909-4D28-AF6B-B456949DF000.jpeg

fotografz

Some random S(006) shots this month. Been carrying the camera and a few lenses on my daily adventures lately here in Florida.

The old school Jeep stood out among a zillion hi-tech ones that rally on the beach every Weds; Shots of our Jag done with 180/3.5; and the rest done with the 100/2;

The Pirate Ship and "Sundog" baby rainbow are massive crops.April-01.jpgApril-02.jpgApril-03.jpgApril-04.jpgApril-05.jpgApril-06.jpgApril-07.jpgApril-08.jpgApril-09.jpg

Forlorn Easter Bunny as the Easter season ends ...

dave.gt

Very nice images and cool motifs! Thank you!:)

Not so sure about that rabbit, though…
LOL. People dressed up in clown suits, cartoon characters, etc. are a little sketchy for me.

JohnBrew

Dave, glad to see your garden is well. If we don't get some rain soon there will be no garden at all this year.
I'm in Portugal at the moment with just my M9-P and a 50. I'll probably post something when I return (first week of June)
All the best.

dave.gt

Dave, glad to see your garden is well. If we don't get some rain soon there will be no garden at all this year.
I'm in Portugal at the moment with just my M9-P and a 50. I'll probably post something when I return (first week of June)
All the best.
Hey, there, John!I was hoping and wondering if you made the trip to Portugal happen! Glad to hear! You both certainly deserve it!:):):)

I will be posting more in this thread soon…rain is supposed to be here starting tomorrow. I hope so. But I have been able to keep things going with a sprinkler so far. And processing images while the garden gets a drink… not a bad way to spend the Spring!

Enjoy the coming days and have a safe trip home!(y)(y)(y)

JohnBrew

Well I have my fingers crossed. We had visitors from Nashville and when they got ready to return he tested positive so he is holed up in quarantine while his wife returned to the states. We don't leave for another week...

dave.gt

Pre-Pandemic… how ominous does that sound? :(

Just going over some older files from a better time when all we had was political madness here. I was enjoying a short adventure with astrophotography using a capable D850, and I was just getting my feet wet with the Leica S.

The short-lived Astro work was fun but completely outrageous due to costs for appropriate gear; location; opportunity (none); and a variety of other problems. The D850 is gone now as is my favorite system, the H5. But the Leica S endures.

From another time, another world without war, before a pandemic, and before I knew what I know now and wish those family tragedies had never occurred…

Blissful discovery with my now-favorite digital photography gear, and absolutely not dreaming of more! This is enough for me.

In the Summer of ‘19…

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
DF0A0811-7BFA-49C2-A363-1025DB1929EB.jpeg498E9FA3-3958-4F58-BBFD-0E177382B123.jpeg4CE3C57A-B972-4E09-9216-6FC8CD8C92AA.jpeg
A1087354-FDB6-4FB1-9670-23F37707B299.jpeg

dave.gt

Wow, Fall is here if in spirit only… it has been a long Summer. :) I am now finished with my latest project shooting 23 rolls of 135 film with various films and developing all of them with different developers. It has been immensely satisfying and I am just now getting back to processing my Leica S images … my backlog is in the hundreds.

Unlike a lot of places, we have have had a decent year with periodic rain and ok temperatures.

Red Bench in the Morning,
After the Storm

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
0FA91C41-1302-4FAE-8C2B-2C693356E95B.jpeg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Oh, to dream.
Dreaming is a form of planning, right?:)

Well, my plan is to make a day trip to The Great Smoky Mountains, our little annual visit(s) being a “claim” on God’s Country since our honeymoon there in 1971…. even if I have to drive back home all night!

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
8C5338BF-F1F3-47ED-8316-4FAF1AC7AEED.jpeg