The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

scho

There is now a script available for batch processing DP2M files through Kalpanika that includes automatic color cast correction. This is currently for Mac only and also requires the most recent versions of Kalpanika and Exiftool. The script will batch convert a folder full of x3f files to DNG format that can be processed in either Lightroom or Adobe ACR in Photoshop. Works quickly and gives clean files without color casts. Script was written and posted for download by Georg in the DPR Sigma forum. Dp2M Kalpanika Script. Here are a few output samples that I posted in the thread discussing the script.

scho

Rustic door on a reconstructed stone age lake dwelling (Pfhalbauten) near Unteruhldingen on the north shore of the Bodensee. An old image (2013) re-processed though Kalpanika with color correction to a dng that was processed in Lightroom.

davemillier

I have ported Georg's script to Windows and Georg is hosting that version on his Dropbox account.

There is a "wrapper" application available to provide a GUI front end for Kalpanika. I believe they may be working on incorporating the script in that application.

p.s.

I am writing this as my script is churning its way through my X3fs, turning them into DNGs...

There is now a script available for batch processing DP2M files through Kalpanika that includes automatic color cast correction. This is currently for Mac only and also requires the most recent versions of Kalpanika and Exiftool. The script will batch convert a folder full of x3f files to DNG format that can be processed in either Lightroom or Adobe ACR in Photoshop. Works quickly and gives clean files without color casts. Script was written and posted for download by Georg in the DPR Sigma forum. Dp2M Kalpanika Script. Here are a few output samples that I posted in the thread discussing the script.