The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• LIVE EVENTS ARE COMING! We will be adding a LIVE CHAT function to the forum. It will allow us to create special, members-only events. I don't want to share names just yet but we will be inviting the best photographers in the world to participate in such events. You will be able to ask them questions and interact live. I will share more details shortly.

SL 601 with Leica S lenses

dave.gt

Leica SL 601 with S 100 @f2
It is certainly sharp wide open!:) That nice razor thin DOF is wonderful, so it appears you are happy with using the S lens on the SL. I was wondering about that body...

How does it feel as opposed to using the S body which probably helps balance with its much larger mass and weight?

ropo54

It is certainly sharp wide open!:) That nice razor thin DOF is wonderful, so it appears you are happy with using the S lens on the SL. I was wondering about that body...

How does it feel as opposed to using the S body which probably helps balance with its much larger mass and weight?
Dave,

The SL body is fine with the S lenses. The lenses focus more slowly, but I do like being able to direct focus with the toggle switch. Fwiw, it gives one the utility of an additional focal length for each of the lenses when switching between the S and SL.

With the price of S lenses these days, they can be nice complementary lenses to those having SL lenses. And, the pre-owned prices can be tempting.

That being said, the SL files are no substitute for the S.

Rob