The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sold: Leica M Selloff due to medical bills

akaru

My wife had a surgery that was supposed to be covered...in fact we verified with the insurance company. And yet it is not, and I have to come up with $35k quickly. God bless America. So some of my beloved Leica M gear, much of it rare, is up for grabs.

Discounts for sets, or feel free to make an offer. I will probably post some lightly used medium and large format gear as well, to make up the rest.

I'm just going to include one photo for each, but I have a whole set of photos on request.

Most of these lenses include the leather pouch and the box, most include a protective filter that I have kept on. Some are missing a front cap. All are in excellent condition with clean glass. They are my babies.

Leica Elmarit 28 2.8 11606
$1800
IMG_2681.jpeg

50 Summilux 1.4 ASPH 11891
$4000
IMG_2689.jpeg

35 Summicron 2.0 ASPH 11879
$2500
IMG_2697.jpeg

Macro Elmar 90 4.0 11633
Unique folding, tiny 90mm that still resolves very well
$3000
IMG_2707.jpeg

75 APO Summicron 2.0 ASPH
$4000
IMG_2712.jpeg

APO-Telyt 135 3.4 (no box)
$2500
IMG_2718.jpeg

Rare Summicron-C 40 2.0 (no box, collapsible screw-on hood)
$800
IMG_2727.jpeg

And for fun, what I think is a replica Elmar 50 3.5 collapsible lens, fun pancake lens that I've used with a M10-D and M10M--makes your Leica fit in a pocket
$200
IMG_2730.jpeg

tcdeveau

Oof sorry to hear this. You prob know your situation better than we do, but I wouldn’t give them $1 more than the deductible until you’ve exhausted all of your other options….esp if you happen to have written verification. Best of luck to you and hope your wife is ok.

akaru

Thanks for the advice. Bill has passed through multiple appeals and so on, so not looking like there’s much we can do, but I will keep trying.

Looks like I bungled the images. Probably uploaded HEIC from my computer. From mobile, site complains that image is too big. So I will see what I can do to remedy this when I’m back at the desk. As always, PM and I can send pics and answer any questions. Motivated to sell so I can make a deal.

akaru

All sold. Thanks to all who were interested. Still selling some MF and LF/ULF gear to reach my goal.