The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A1 images

algrove

What lens/f stop did you use Stanley? Thanks.

Also I'm sure the drop from 61MP to 50MP means about nothing for your intended use.

stngoldberg

What lens/f stop did you use Stanley? Thanks.

Also I'm sure the drop from 61MP to 50MP means about nothing for your intended use.
I used the 200-600mm lens with 1.4 converter..f9
i can’t explain what I’m about to say...there doesn’t seem to be a drop in resolution....you can crop without noise

AlexLF

I wonder can this camera take pictures of any other subject? :) it seems like it became self-aware and hunts for birds without human intervention :)

Reactions: spb

stngoldberg

It finds focus with the human eye, as well as an animal eye or a bird’s eye
three different settings
i haven’t used it enough yet to determine How it would handle street use
stanley

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Suggest you look up this camera on YouTube.
The reviews are there by a number of different people
BTW, my only use for this camera will be wildlife and sports such as surfing
My passion is medium format with a technical camera, but I have used a lot of cameras for a long time...THIS ONE IS AMAZING
Stanley

k-hawinkler

I'm having a similar problem. Hundreds that would have been 'keepers' before this camera are now deleted because I'd end up with too many.
Thanks Doug. It looks liKe your equipment isn’t holding you back as much anymore.
Questions:
How much time do you take shooting images?
How much time do you need deleting unwanted “keepers”?
I already found the weeding out of images a challenge with my A9. :mad:

doug

Thanks Doug. It looks liKe your equipment isn’t holding you back as much anymore.
Questions:
How much time do you take shooting images?
Not nearly enough! Lots of family obligations, I can get out for a morning in the wilds about once a week.

How much time do you need deleting unwanted “keepers”?
Picking to the best images from a morning's outing can take a day or so with numerous interruptions, then the rest get unceremoniously deleted. Selection criteria includes crummy posture, eye closed, bird jumped in that neurological lag between deciding to make an exposure and the finger going "squish" on the shutter button. Over- or under-exposure is rarely problem.

k-hawinkler

Not nearly enough! Lots of family obligations, I can get out for a morning in the wilds about once a week.

Picking to the best images from a morning's outing can take a day or so with numerous interruptions, then the rest get unceremoniously deleted. Selection criteria includes crummy posture, eye closed, bird jumped in that neurological lag between deciding to make an exposure and the finger going "squish" on the shutter button. Over- or under-exposure is rarely problem.
Thanks Doug.
Yup that ratio between post and shoot of 3:1 seems about right for me as well.
Oh well, such is life. Thanks again.

stngoldberg

These three images took place in a fraction of a second, as the camera was processing 30 images per second. I had the camera setting on eye focus and focus tracking. As you can see the camera held focus even though the eyes were obscured by the surf. I shot thousands of images this afternoon everyone in focus while the surfers were moving at a very high rate of speed.
yellow board 1.jpgyellow board 2.jpgyellow board 3.jpg