The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A1 images

stngoldberg

This Sony A1 was born for photographing surfers. 30 images/sec...focus that never misses..like shooting fish in a barrel
stanley

Attachments

stngoldberg

Sony is a huge company with an obvious technological advantage in sensor capabilities.
They have produced a camera that makes action photography stupid simple.
The camera locks on a moving subject, puts a square on the subjects eye (human or animal) and holds perfect focus anywhere in the viewfinder.
Set the camera on manual priority, set the ISO on auto, set the shutter speed on 1/2500 of a second and anyone can become a great action photographer.
Fortunately, or unfortunately this camera removes all the need for skill in sports and bird imagery.
stanley

k-hawinkler

Well, making a difficult task easier is sometimes called PROGRESS.
If you really wanted you could use manual focusing even with the A1. :rolleyes:

doug

Set the camera on manual priority, set the ISO on auto, set the shutter speed on 1/2500 of a second and anyone can become a great action photographer.
Fortunately, or unfortunately this camera removes all the need for skill in sports and bird imagery.
stanley
The camera isn't choosing foreground, background, or lighting and doesn't know how to get close to the animals without scaring them. By expanding the boundaries of what can be done, this camera allows me to concentrate on these and on composition.

This camera represents technological progress. Consider the technological progress of photographic equipment: I'm really OK with not having to calculate exposure time from shutter curtain speed and slit width, guesstimating focus & exposure, mixing emulsions, and coating my glass plates like photographers of the past used to do. I'm also OK with enlarging the image vs. contact printing; I don't want to imagine the lens required for a field of view of the Sony 600 GM on a camera made for 16" x 24" contact prints. Automatically calculated focal plane shutter exposure times, exposure metering, focussing aids such as rangefinders and reflex viewing/focussing, pre-coated emulsions, roll film, enlarging the negative and RGB color images were all innovations that expanded our boundaries.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Thanks Doug. (y)

In short, the A1 is a powerful tool in the right hands.
It is also complex enough to require serious study to master it.
It will take me awhile to hopefully get there. ;)

k-hawinkler

Black Dots in Yellow Flowers.

I took Sony ILCE-1 + FE 20mm F1.8 G (SEL20F18G) and shot the following image @ f/11.
Post-processing was done with the latest version 14.3.1.10 of Capture One 21 that I downloaded today.

Zooming in on the yellow flowers I can make out numerous Black Dots.

So this seems to be the 4th A1 showing the Black Dots in yellow flowers, first uncovered by j4nu, when the raw files are post-processed with Capture One 21, version 14.3.1.10 in this case.

K-H.

PS: Cross-posted from https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1712167/11#15683673