The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

pegelli

Some time ago member B L donated two old lenses to me for which he had no use.

One is a Yashica DSB 50/1.9, a neat nifty-fifty which doesn't get much use because I have way too many of that focal length.

But today I took it with me on a bicycle ride towards Brecht. It was a bit foggy and when it gets some rising sun colours it can be very pretty there. Unfortunately it all remained grey pea soup this morning 😖

I still took a few photo's and these are the 5 best ones

1: Tree reflection

2: Trees in the field

3: Reeds in an icy pond

4: The whole icy pond

5: Crop-o-rama of a harvested corn field

All A7ii + Yashica DSB 50/1.9

pegelli

Some more from this weekend, with a bit of sunny weather and the lens used wide open

1: Backlit fall leaves (must be about the last ones)

2: Almost dropping off

3: And with the right background at the right distance this lens starts to swirl a bit

All A7ii + Yashica DSB 50/1.9 @ f1.9

sergtum

Sergtum has the photo taken with the Industar f4.5 210mm?
Very interesting low contrast 3D effect. Thanks Paul
thank You.
yes. this photo been taken with the Industar f4.5 210mm.
frankly speaking, I did not really like the lens. lens has low detail and low contrast. in the photo presented, I had to move the levels of detail and contrast, unfortunately.

pegelli

I've got a OM Zuiko MC 85/2.0: is that considered old (enough) ?
I've always considered manual focus lenses from the pre-digital area "old enough" for showing in this thread, but maybe hakkalo (the OP) can let us know what he considered "old enough" when he started the thread.

Btw, I also have that OM Zuiko 85/2, probably my most loved one of the entire OM Zuiko series I have (from 21 to 200 mm)

Knorp

I've always considered manual focus lenses from the pre-digital area "old enough" for showing in this thread, but maybe hakkalo (the OP) can let us know what he considered "old enough" when he started the thread.

Btw, I also have that OM Zuiko 85/2, probably my most loved one of the entire OM Zuiko series I have (from 21 to 200 mm)
Thank you, Pieter. What I love most about that 85/2.0 is how tiny it is !