The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

pegelli

Thank you, Pieter. What I love most about that 85/2.0 is how tiny it is !
Well, if you like tiny short tele's the OM Zuiko 100/2.8 is another star.
Rendering wise for me the 85 wins vs. the 100, but only by a very small margin.

pegelli

I found a MIR 1B 37/2.8 in M42 mount. It came in a plastic "see through" case together with what seems an original UV filter as well as the original "manual" in cyrillic script. On my M42 helicoid adapter it doesn't get further than ~5 meter, but on my "simple" M42 adapter it goes nicely to infinity. Very strange, all my other M42 lenses work fine (until infinity) on either adapter.
It's white metal (aluminium) and egraved with "Made in USSR" and "Grand Prix Brussels 1958" and looks used but clean enough for it's age.
The first results didn't disappoint

37-1: Ice coffee

37-2: Ice lock

37-3: Ice logs

37-4: The ice caps are melting

A7ii + Mir 1B 37/2.8, all at f2.8

gurtch

I found a MIR 1B 37/2.8 in M42 mount. It came in a plastic "see through" case together with what seems an original UV filter as well as the original "manual" in cyrillic script. On my M42 helicoid adapter it doesn't get further than ~5 meter, but on my "simple" M42 adapter it goes nicely to infinity. Very strange, all my other M42 lenses work fine (until infinity) on either adapter.
It's white metal (aluminium) and egraved with "Made in USSR" and "Grand Prix Brussels 1958" and looks used but clean enough for it's age.
The first results didn't disappoint

37-1: Ice coffee

37-2: Ice lock

37-3: Ice logs

37-4: The ice caps are melting

A7ii + Mir 1B 37/2.8, all at f2.8
Very nice images. I really like "found still life" images as I refer to them. I look for them always when I am out shooting.
Dave in NJ

pegelli

This is how the lens looks, together with the accessories that came with it.
According to Pentaxforums the optics are derived from the CZ Flektogon 35/2.8, allthough there is 2 mm difference in focal length (actually 2.4 mm, since the manual states the MIR has a focal length of 37,4 mm)

Taken with an A7ii and its Russian cousin Helios 44-4 (58/2 Biotar clone), so it's genuinly taken with an "old lens" and in line with this threads theme 😇

Knorp

This is how the lens looks, together with the accessories that came with it.
According to Pentaxforums the optics are derived from the CZ Flektogon 35/2.8, allthough there is 2 mm difference in focal length (actually 2.4 mm, since the manual states the MIR has a focal length of 37,4 mm)

Taken with an A7ii and its Russian cousin Helios 44-4 (58/2 Biotar clone), so it's genuinly taken with an "old lens" and in line with this threads theme 😇
Thank you, Pieter. Interesting lens.
Krgds.

arri

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/75 made for the 16mm Movieflex Zeiss Ikon cine camera. I mount the lens in a Leitz helicoid and allows a focus range between infinity - 1:3
At infinity I got small dark corners but it gives the picture an old style look.
Taken with the ILCE 7A