The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

pegelli

Thanks Joel, the lower contrast that this lens delivers actually helps in these kind of situations I think. And I keep being impressed by the sharpness of this lens, despite the older and very simple design.

pegelli

Thanks K.-H., I next to my M39 Elmar 50/3.5 I have a 1958 M Summicron "Dual Range", which allowed you to focus closer on the older M camera's by putting a set of "spectacles" on top of the lens which adjusted the distance measurement and rangefinder parallax

Here you can see it mounted on my old M2, that is also still in use :)

And here's two shots with it in a park in Tilburg, both on an A7ii, using a Hawk helicoid adapter, so manual focus.

Also a fantastic lens, I don't want to part with any of these nifty 50's

k-hawinkler

Thanks K.-H., I next to my M39 Elmar 50/3.5 I have a 1958 M Summicron "Dual Range", which allowed you to focus closer on the older M camera's by putting a set of "spectacles" on top of the lens which adjusted the distance measurement and rangefinder parallax

Here you can see it mounted on my old M2, that is also still in use :)

And here's two shots with it in a park in Tilburg, both on an A7ii, using a Hawk helicoid adapter, so manual focus.

Also a fantastic lens, I don't want to part with any of these nifty 50's

Quote:"I don't want to part with any of these nifty 50's"

Thanks Pieter, of course not. Neither would I. Terrific images.

Last edited:

pegelli

Some more with my M-Summicron 50/2 DR from 1958. I took a camera and one lens along when we visited the C-mine in Genk, a former coal mine installation which is now in use as a cultural center and theatre. Fortunately they left a lot of the old equipment in place and the dance performance we saw there was also very worthwhile. So I killed two birds with one visit. :)

First, the people elevator installation to bring the miners underground

Jack

Built by "La Meuse" in 1915

Elevator door and closing handles

Second set from the machine building

Water pump # 964

Compressor deck

One of the main air compressors

All A7Rii + M-Sumicron 50/2 DR

Last edited: