The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Still skeptical about Fujifilm's GFX 100(s) IBIS?

schuster

I've been a Hasselblad user since the '60s, and still cherish the two that I still have. But, now that I'm about to turn 80 (ack!), I bought the 100S solely because of the IBIS. A few days ago, I had the 110mm on the 100S while tromping around the wildflowers. This test image was hand-held, manually focused, 1/100 shutter, f5.6. The RAW RAF file was processed with Capture One, with no adjustments of any kind. I saved it as a TIF, then opened it with Photoshop to make the little oblongs and saved it as a JPG for here. Again, no adjustments, although Photoshop's reduction algorithm includes a bit of sharpening. I compared a few sections of the RAF with the JPG, and the JPG had slightly more contrast, which affects apparent sharpness. In addition to the IBIS, it shows the capability of the 110mm.

hand held 100th s_f5.6_DSF0635 Full.jpghand held 100th s_f5.6_DSF0635 left.jpghand held 100th s_f5.6_DSF0635 right.jpghand held 100th s_f5.6_DSF0635 center.jpg

rdeloe

I wasn't sure where this thread was going (sounded like bad news) but I see it's good news! I hope the 100S works well for you. It's wonderful when the technology advances fast enough to keep up with the extra help we need as our bodies age and change. On that note, best wishes for your upcoming 80th birthday!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I've been a Hasselblad user since the '60s, and still cherish the two that I still have. But, now that I'm about to turn 80 (ack!), I bought the 100S solely because of the IBIS. A few days ago, I had the 110mm on the 100S while tromping around the wildflowers. This test image was hand-held, manually focused, 1/100 shutter, f5.6. The RAW RAF file was processed with Capture One, with no adjustments of any kind. I saved it as a TIF, then opened it with Photoshop to make the little oblongs and saved it as a JPG for here. Again, no adjustments, although Photoshop's reduction algorithm includes a bit of sharpening. I compared a few sections of the RAF with the JPG, and the JPG had slightly more contrast, which affects apparent sharpness. In addition to the IBIS, it shows the capability of the 110mm.

View attachment 195338View attachment 195339View attachment 195340View attachment 195341
Absolutely great results.

I myself was a Hasselblad owner several years ago (503, H3D) with several lenses but sold all as I was moving on. What I always liked about Hasselblad were the colours and the great information I had in the files.

I currently shoot Nikon (Z7II) and Fuji X and I must admit I do like the Fuji files more than the NEF files - not sure why but it is how it is. So I might get back into MF again one day and then with the beautiful 100S or whatever actual current model they have.

All the best

Peter

gurtch

Shuster: Great results. I agree with you 100%. I am 85 and still active. Today I made a 20"x30" print on my Epson 7890, and I make 24" x32" prints from my Fuji GFX 100s files. I also used a Hasselbald 500C in my youth, I still love that camera (but no longer have it). What convinced me I needed IBIS is my Sony A7RIV has it and it convinced me that was the wave of the future. Here is a typical shot hand held at 1/140 sec f14 64mm lens with the GFX 100S. Keep up the good work, and have a blast, as I am doing.
Dave in NJ

Attachments