The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Supermoon time

scott kirkpatrick

We have pretty clear skies tonight and the moon is overhead at a convenient time (10 pm), so I did a comparison of my SL with an APO Telyt 280/4 with an APO 2x extender against my new optically stabilized Fuji 100-400/4.0 - 5.6 on a Fuji X-Pro2. The Fuji has 24 MPx of APS-C image viewing through a 600 mm-eff lens, the SL has 24 MPx viewing through 560 mm focal length. First, with the Fuji rig, at ISO 200 (base), f/5.6 and 1/2000, handheld and autofocused:

DSCF2695 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and then using the SL and Leica-R rig, at ISO 400, f/8 and 1/1000 (on a small tripod):
S1030129 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Both yielded 1200x1200 pixel 100% jpegs. I like the Leica shot a bit better (that's why I post it here), but it was more effort.

Would someone with the Olympus 300 care to join in? Or with the 1.4x or 2x extenders for the Fuji lens?

scott

Last edited: