The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Teamwork in Conversation webinar with Phase One

Paul Spinnler

Yes following questions:

- Will there be tilt with the native XT lenses for P1 without uninterrupted electro magnnetic comms
- When is the 138mm coming - can QiOptiq re arrange the build to accomodate the XT shutter
- When will they introduce a big brother to the XT? 25mm shift in all directions with exif recording
- When will C1 fix the awful magenta color cast of its back - look at Leica for natural color
- Will C1 include automatic LCC color cast correction based on aperture / lens / shift combos for XT - doesnt matter if I need to downloas a 30gb lcc library for that
- When will the 55 MK II come?

alistairsimmons

Yes following questions:

- Will there be tilt with the native XT lenses for P1 without uninterrupted electro magnnetic comms
- When is the 138mm coming - can QiOptiq re arrange the build to accomodate the XT shutter
- When will they introduce a big brother to the XT? 25mm shift in all directions with exif recording
- When will C1 fix the awful magenta color cast of its back - look at Leica for natural color
- Will C1 include automatic LCC color cast correction based on aperture / lens / shift combos for XT - doesnt matter if I need to downloas a 30gb lcc library for that
- When will the 55 MK II come?
Hi Paul, thanks for this, however please see this is an XF IQ4 conversation. We will most likely do a dedicated XT IQ4 conversation at another time.

Paul Spinnler

Yes and would be cool if they could come out with silicone back and body protection hulls similar to bodyarmor. Would love to add a silicon hull to the Iq back with cutouts for screen, buttons, etc.

Cannot understand wht nobody does this. Similar for the body.

med

Wish this was in a few weeks... my IQ4 doesn’t arrive until next Wednesday!

-Am curious about whether the power issues with IQ4 and charging/power sharing from various sources are being addressed in a future firmware update.

-Triggering Dual Exposure and Frame averaging from BOB in the works?

-Being able to enter f-stop, lens, and shift data directly into IQ4 at time of capture for non-XT tech cam users?

alistairsimmons

Wish this was in a few weeks... my IQ4 doesn’t arrive until next Wednesday!

-Am curious about whether the power issues with IQ4 and charging/power sharing from various sources are being addressed in a future firmware update.

-Triggering Dual Exposure and Frame averaging from BOB in the works?
Good questions, sign up and bring them with you!

-Being able to enter f-stop, lens, and shift data directly into IQ4 at time of capture for non-XT tech cam users?
Irrelevant for this conversation, but bring it to the future XT IQ4 webinar ;)

Steve C

When will we ever get iPad tethering!? The IQ4 display is 7 generations behind Apple's current display quality and is not good enough. We don't need the full Capture One functionality on the iPad, just a high quality display and remote release. Come on guys, its been 2 years.

alistairsimmons

When will we ever get iPad tethering!? The IQ4 display is 7 generations behind Apple's current display quality and is not good enough. We don't need the full Capture One functionality on the iPad, just a high quality display and remote release. Come on guys, its been 2 years.
Great question, bring it to the table!

Paul2660

Why can’t EXIF work with the XF? Only the XT. I realize it’s a lab feature but it should work with the XF.
Paul C

docholliday

buildbot

There was a company that made these for IQ... hard to find and supposedly, they still make them. http://www.alstonhand.com/s/1/t/2/c/190/a/56/product.jspy
I have one of those for my IQ3, it's okay - The Firewire port cover didn't fit on mine, so I had to cut it off. It fits pretty loosely as well. If the back is mounted on a DF body the prism viewfinder keeps the cover on okay, but otherwise it can slip off pretty easily.

Ray Harrison

As a point of reference to some of the XT discussion here and from the perspective of the owner of a Cambo tech camera + "generic" Cambo/Rodenstock X-shutter lenses, ETTR seems to also function with this combo. To clarify, when I say "work", it will to a "true ETTR" once or twice out of 10 times. It seems to be very, very scene specific, even across a range of scenes that look mostly similar. More often it is ETTL or even "properly exposed". Another note is that on this combo, the f-stop, shutter speed, lens manufacturer/lens body metadata is captured. You obviously miss the shift information since the Cambo lenses and bodies don't have the appropriate electrical (any) contacts to the IQ4.