The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

4x5Australian

A couple images before the colorful finish. These were with the 90mm, then I did something I try to never do at the beach I changed to the 180mm when the color came out.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 90mm
View attachment 202135

View attachment 202136
Greg, the lighting and reflections in that first image (of the two) are striking. The combination of both softness and hardness is intriguing. I think the image might be especially rewarding if printed large.

vjbelle

Greetings from the Dolomites. Classic shot of Santa Maddalena. They are making it more difficult to drive to this location and a hike from the parking areas would be a long hike all up hill. Very few people this time of year and weather so far is very nice with no wind and temperature in the upper 30s to low 40s during the day.

100s, M-Two, Schneider 60XL three shot 18mm LR portrait position.

Cheers.....

Victor B.
Madalina_3X2.jpg

Greg Haag

We have traveled with Airstreams now going on 30 years, I was getting ready for a short trip and had my camera and could not resist a few pictures. Its pretty tight quarters in there so every picture required at least 2 images stitched and the one of the sofa required 4.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32
Airstream Classic Interior-1.jpg
Airstream Classic Interior-2.jpg
Airstream Classic Interior-3.jpg

tcdeveau

I love airstreams, I’d love to get one of my own some day but it’s one of those things I’m not sure I’d use as much as I think I would

Greg Haag

I love airstreams, I’d love to get one of my own some day but it’s one of those things I’m not sure I’d use as much as I think I would
We have loved our Airstreams and have a lot of great memories of traveling with our girls when they were young. I built a place for it (image below) on a trout river and take it there some and we will take it out west most years. I think part of my motivation may be I really like sleeping in my own bed.

Airstream River Camp-1.jpg

lookbook

We have traveled with Airstreams now going on 30 years, I was getting ready for a short trip and had my camera and could not resist a few pictures. Its pretty tight quarters in there so every picture required at least 2 images stitched and the one of the sofa required 4.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32
View attachment 202294
View attachment 202295
View attachment 202296
... a wonderful vehicle and great photos that you show here!
Gladly I would also have an Airstream, but my Smart would be too weak as a car to pull it?
: )

vjbelle

Another classic image from the Dolomite region. St. Johanne Church is very near Santa Maddalena and is worth a visit. I have taken this image every time I have been to the Dolomites but not from this distance. You have to be this far back to get the mountains. With the camera level I needed almost 30mm of rise to get the mountains and the church.

100s, M-Two, Schneider 120mm Asph, 3 shot portrait 18mm LR.

Victor B.4025_4027.jpg

vjbelle

Lago Misurina is a destination area for tourists and locals. Close to Cortina and worth a visit to photograph. Lots of ice this time of year but normally the lake would be very visible and green in color. A storm front had just moved in this morning and will be gone by this afternoon...

100s, M-Two, Schneider 180mm Digitar, 15mm Rise.

Victor B.

_DSF4102.jpg

vjbelle

This church is situated at Passo Val Gardena which is at the summit of that particular mountain. I shot it three days in a row - to say the least it was a very difficult shot. First of all there was lots of ice and all locations were up. Either I was directly on top of the church or I had to climb up a hill and be on a slope to take that shot and that is how I got this image. I shot this with the 138 Float and the first images were at f6.5 but things are so razor thin at that f stop that I decided to take the last couple of images at f8 which turned out to be a good decision.

100s, M-Two, Rody 138 float, 10mm Rise.

Cheers....

Victor B.

_DSF4113_Passa Val Gardena.jpg

Last edited:

vjbelle

Coming down from Passo Del Gardena this mountain face just stairs you in the face. Ortisei is to the West of this location so the trip to this summit has this mountain face mostly to your back although it can be seen numerous times during all of the sharp turns that must be made to get to the summit. It is one of the largest ski areas I saw - although there are many probably just as large. There are at least three chair lifts at the base of this mountain which can't be seen from this location but you can just make out the tops of the chair lifts in this image. It is a spectacular sight when viewing near the summit.

100s, M-Two, Rody 90mm 15mm rise, 10mm shift LR.

Victor B.

Untitled_Panorama-3.jpg

Last edited:

alistairsimmons

We have loved our Airstreams and have a lot of great memories of traveling with our girls when they were young. I built a place for it (image below) on a trout river and take it there some and we will take it out west most years. I think part of my motivation may be I really like sleeping in my own bed.
What a dream! Are you a trout fisher @Greg Haag ? This is my life's love alongside photography, and I've thought before about a Medium Format and Fly Fishing thread...

Greg Haag

What a dream! Are you a trout fisher @Greg Haag ? This is my life's love alongside photography, and I've thought before about a Medium Format and Fly Fishing thread...
Yes, I love to wade and fly fish, really just enjoy standing out in a river even if I am not catching anything. It is such a peaceful place.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yes, I love to wade and fly fish, really just enjoy standing out in a river even if I am not catching anything. It is such a peaceful place.
Greg
I live here at the river Iller since 23 years . The water is so clear , you could drink it . A river , directly from the moutains . I have seen fly fishing , but I myself have never seen a fish here . :(

Greg Haag

Greg
I live here at the river Iller since 23 years . The water is so clear , you could drink it . A river , directly from the moutains . I have seen fly fishing , but I myself have never seen a fish here . :(
The older I have gotten, the less important the fishing part has become. It must be amazing to have all that time by the river!