The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

diggles

Warren, what a special opportunity, I hope y'all had a great time!
Hey Greg, thank you! Yes, we had a lot of fun driving and camping. My dad worked in mining construction for years in different mountain towns throughout Colorado, but we still managed to go some places he hadn't seen yet. We saw some great views driving over McClure Pass and Red Mountain Pass. Then we headed to Black Canyon Nat'l Monument, Mesa Verde, Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, and Moab. We weren't able to go through Arches because I didn't realize they now require reservations.

diggles

Looks like you titled on the top image but not on the bottom one ? As I recall you're still working on the technique. Or am I wrong ?
Sorry, they were both shot with the same camera/lens combo. Didn't even move the tripod! Just rotated the head about 30°, Lol!

dchew

Just got back from a road trip with my dad. We spent 5 days driving around the southwest. It wasn't a photography trip, but I still managed to sneak a few photos in. These two are from Utah, state route 24 near Capital Reef National Park.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 150N f9

View attachment 192884View attachment 192885
Warren,
What a great opportunity and wonderful images too! The yellows are quite nice.
Dave

Greg Haag

Hey Greg, thank you! Yes, we had a lot of fun driving and camping. My dad worked in mining construction for years in different mountain towns throughout Colorado, but we still managed to go some places he hadn't seen yet. We saw some great views driving over McClure Pass and Red Mountain Pass. Then we headed to Black Canyon Nat'l Monument, Mesa Verde, Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, and Moab. We weren't able to go through Arches because I didn't realize they now require reservations.
That is great that y’all had that trip together, hope you get many more! That time has passed for my dad, he has early stages of dementia. He used to love to travel, but now being away from home is scary for him.

diggles

A couple more from the road trip with my Dad. Both are 16x9 / 3 shot stitch images. The first is of Needle Mountains in between Ouray and Durango. The second is the view from the road to the north rim of Black Canyon Nat'l Monument. I find it quite challenging to process images in B&W.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 150N f9 (15mm left, 0, 15mm right + 10mm camera fall)
B0022186-2188-Pano-GetDPI.jpg

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 150N f9 (15mm left, 0, 15mm right + 10mm camera fall)
B0022137-2135-Pano-GetDPI.jpg

Greg, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's been a rough couple of years for my dad, he went through heart surgery and stomach cancer. It's just been the last few weeks since he's had the energy to go out and do something. We're already planning our next trip to the Great Sand Dunes.

Last edited:

dchew

A few more from yesterday and this morning. I know these water images are a dime a dozen. This one was a fun capture. Yeah, I timed it that way on purpose. :rolleyes:

Rodi 138f, no movements (feels sacrilegious to say that).

This one has about 1 degree of tilt and lowered the back 5mm. Sk60xl plus an H&Y polarizer to kill reflections on the ferns:

This last one is another Big Leaf Maple image. I've photographed these two maples before and at about the same time of day. Blooms make all the difference. 2-image stitch with the back horizontal and raised 18mm then dropped 18mm. Stitched in PS then cropped to 4x3. 138f

Dave

Last edited:

jng

Heavily cropped lunar eclipse photo from last night with the IQ4 Achromatic, Alpa STC, and Rodie 70HR (no filters on lenses). No, not the right tool for the job, but still fun View attachment 194050
Hi TC,

Fun, indeed! I ostensibly did have the right tools for the job, had I only found myself at a better place and time to use them! Too lazy to find my way to a better location, I was hoping to catch the moon in near-totality as it rose above the treetops near my house. Alas, it was cloudy and so the moon was already exiting the earth's penumbra by the time the sky started clearing. This image was shot with my 350mm Tele-Superachromat (but without the 1.4x extender as I was hoping to include the trees in the foreground) and is a heavy 3600 x 3600 pixel crop from the original 151 Mp file. When given lemons, after all...

John

Super Flower Blood Moon 2022, redux
by John Ngai, on Flickr
WRS1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 5.6/350 Tele-Superachromat | f/8​

vjbelle

Greetings from the Badlands. I have encountered 50 mph wind gusts on my first day through my second day. Very challenging conditions for photography. I have learned from the past that there is always a lull but this time they are far and few between. These gusts are actually dangerous!!!

I was able to get a few images my second day with lots of patience. The next two days of my stay will be much better weather wise.

Taken with 100s, Actus, Schneider 72mm, Shift 10mm LR.

Victor B.

Untitled_Panorama-1.jpg

vjbelle

This was taken the day after the above image where the winds were around a constant 10mph with gusts to 20mph instead of steady 30mph winds with gusts to 50mph. Required lots of patience and timing for lulls but I was able to be more consistent with keepers.

GFX100s, Actus, Rody 138 float - two shot 10mm LR

Cheers,

Victor B.

_DSF2173.jpg

Last edited:

vjbelle

When I was at the Badlands I never saw anyone with a tripod. In fact I don't recall seeing anyone with a real camera. Phone pictures and selfies were the norm. I must have been a real oddity. This image cannot be seen from the road. You must trek in about 150 feet on the mounds. A very easy walk and something I just kind of stumbled on. It's a spectacular view and I was amazed that I never saw another person nor could I see foot prints anywhere.

Taken very early in the morning probably 1/2 hour after sunrise.

100s, Actus, Rody 138 Float 10mm shift LR, a little rise.

Victor B.

2080_81.jpg

vjbelle

This scene can be seen from the road and a viewing station although driving from the viewing station a short distance is a much better vantage point. For scale you may be able to make a lone tree on the left mid quarter quadrant. Never saw anyone much interested in snapping even a phone image of it. Sure caught my eye. To walk to a good vantage point is just a short distance through some grass. However there are signs everywhere regarding rattle snakes so I was careful to look down as I walked.

Victor B.
2094_95.jpg