The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

diggles

Headed back out to RMNP and Dream Lake again. The weather was interesting. The forecast stated partly cloudy at sunrise, but when I got to the park it was raining and completely overcast. As I started hiking to the lake the rain became a slow drizzle. While waiting for the sun to come out the clouds started to form.

The glow in this first image only lasted about a minute before fading.

Cambo WRS1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider APO-Digitar 43XL (a couple degrees of tilt to get the foreground grass and mountains sharp)
Dream Lake RMNP P0000459 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

I thought the color was gone so I started to put my stuff away, then all of a sudden the mountain side was bathed in light again. I had to hurry to get this one. Originally it wasn't going to be a stitch image, but the single image was pretty tight. I wish I would have got a bit more of the foreground, but I was rushing and the 2 cups of coffee I had on the way to the park were weighing heavily on my mind at the time.

Cambo WRS1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider APO-Digitar 120 ASPH (4 image stitch)
Dream Lake RMNP P0000486_Panorama by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

One of my goals from this session was to walk around where I normally don't go and see what presented itself to me. This scene caught my eye. The sun was going in and out of the clouds so I had to wait about a half hour for the light I was hoping for.

Cambo WRS1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider APO-Digitar 120 ASPH (2 image stitch)
Aspen Trees and Ferns P0000528_Panorama by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Ken where ya been?

Remembered that I had a tech cam today - thought it was a crime to keep it locked up in the closet so I took it out for a little bit of shooting. Kidding of course but it was nice to get out and shoot.

Another pic of my work building....the light was just too good....IQ4 Achro/STC/70HR/695IR filter; frame avg (3:30)

P0002941.jpg

And yet another Jackson Street Bridge pic.....turns out it's only a 4 min drive from my school parking garage and on my way home from my evening class so why not? IQ4A/STC/70HR/UV+IR cut filter, good ole fashioned long exposure (15 secs), pano stitch (+/- 10mm) and 1 degree tilt....pano stitch didn't work too well with the headlights but tonight was more about having fun than getting any "keepers." Will try again with an ND filter and longer exposure but didn't have the patience for that tonight haha. Pretty rude of the city of Atlanta to have the streetlights going full tilt though 😄

P0002962_Panorama.jpg

dchew

Finally getting around to posting a few images from our wonderful trip to Colorado. Great weather and even better time friends. First, a few tight scenes and of course I must include a pano...

The first two have some rise/fall but I didn't record how much. It seemed like the 138mm was permanently fixed on the Alpa 12+. Well, mostly because I didn't have the 90mm. [Inside joke.] The pano was shifted 20mm L/R for a 7:3 ratio.

Dave

rdeloe

16-Mile Creek in southern Ontario is a scruffy little water body that runs through farmland, golf courses, industrial areas and subdivisions. By the time it gets to Glenorchy Conservation Area, along the edge of Highway 407 in Oakville for those of you who know the region, it's been heavily used and abused. At this location on its journey to Lake Ontario, it cuts through a deep valley, and doesn't see a lot of people. It's a nice area to work in all seasons, but in Fall I find the colour are especially lovely.

These three images are made on my Fuji GFX 50R with MAB Camera providing movements. The first one used a Mamiya G 50mm f/4. The second and third are a Pentax-A 645 35mm f/3.5.

R. de Loe GFX12526-3.jpg

R. de Loe GFX12442-3.jpg

R. de Loe GFX12472-3.jpg

diggles

Here are some close up aspen images from the Colorado San Juans trip that @dchew and @jng have been posting images from. It was the longest "photo focused" trip I've been on and the people, food, and scenery was quite fantastic.

I don't remember the lens/movement details on these shots, but they were all taken with the IQ4150 and WRS1600 body.

This was taken in the same spot as the behind the scenes images by @dchew and @jng
P0001551_Panorama by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

I've tried to make a motion blur tree picture for quite some time, this is the first one I've liked. From the same area as above image.
P0001535 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

This one was processed multiple times until I got a final image that looks right to me. This photo was made late in the afternoon and the trees were in the shade.
File347 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

JeffK

16-Mile Creek in southern Ontario is a scruffy little water body that runs through farmland, golf courses, industrial areas and subdivisions. By the time it gets to Glenorchy Conservation Area, along the edge of Highway 407 in Oakville for those of you who know the region, it's been heavily used and abused. At this location on its journey to Lake Ontario, it cuts through a deep valley, and doesn't see a lot of people. It's a nice area to work in all seasons, but in Fall I find the colour are especially lovely.

These three images are made on my Fuji GFX 50R with MAB Camera providing movements. The first one used a Mamiya G 50mm f/4. The second and third are a Pentax-A 645 35mm f/3.5.

View attachment 197919

View attachment 197920

View attachment 197921
I was looking at these on my phone last night, and desktop 27" screen this morning. They look way better bigger!!!!!

rdeloe

I was looking at these on my phone last night, and desktop 27" screen this morning. They look way better bigger!!!!!
You're absolutely right, and it's annoying because many people will only see them on a phone!

They also look way better as large prints than small. I made some small 6" x 8" test prints as I worked on them and was disappointed to see how much of the detail just turns into a "detail smoothie". This is what's happening in the top-right corner of the picture of the boulder in the stream at 100%. On phones and small prints, this is all just a colourful blur.

I have to say my little Mamiya G 50/4 is a really fine lens. I like it so much I bought a second one in case the one I'm using is lost or broken.

100% view of top right corner.jpg

dchew

Another from the Colorado trip. There was something about this trip that I cannot come to terms with. The weather was wonderfully variable, including several evenings with snowfall. The colors were great, and the company was even better. Yet I struggled much of the time to find satisfying images. Maybe it was the overload of subject matter at every turn. Maybe unrealistic expectations. Or, maybe just my mood at the time. I feel like it was a great trip, and also one that will grow on me with time. Regardless, I'm thankful to get the rare opportunity to do something like this with valuable friends.

Rodi 138 with about 15mm back rise. The yellow trees at the bottom are on one side of Canyon Creek ravine, while all the other trees are across the other side of the ravine.

Ciao,
Dave

jng

Another from the Colorado trip. There was something about this trip that I cannot come to terms with. The weather was wonderfully variable, including several evenings with snowfall. The colors were great, and the company was even better. Yet I struggled much of the time to find satisfying images. Maybe it was the overload of subject matter at every turn. Maybe unrealistic expectations. Or, maybe just my mood at the time. I feel like it was a great trip, and also one that will grow on me with time. Regardless, I'm thankful to get the rare opportunity to do something like this with valuable friends.

Rodi 138 with about 15mm back rise. The yellow trees at the bottom are on one side of Canyon Creek ravine, while all the other trees are across the other side of the ravine.

Ciao,
Dave

Dave,

This image is one of my (many) favorites of yours! There’s so much going on in the contrasting hues and layers.

John

shfoto

After all these fine autumn leaves images I am a little reluctant to change the subject....

From a late summer trip to the northern coast of Brittany. This one was taken at the beach of Plougrescant, close to the famous Le gouffre de Plougrescant. I enjoyed this part of the coast much more than the famous Granit Rose...

I used a ND8 + ND 1000 filters to achieve a decent long exposure :)

CF043512.2400px.jpg
Cambo WRS 1600 | IQ3 100 | SK 90

streamy2008

Here's another one from the same hike, but a just a bit further downstream. This was taken after the sun went behind the mountains so it is a bit cooler than the last one. This time with the 43xl.

Three image vertical shift with 5mm of camera fall cropped square, (10mm left, 0, 10mm right).

View attachment 195019
WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11 (three image vertical stitch and a degree or so of tilt to keep the foliage in the foreground nice and sharp.)
May I ask if you do Lcc for each picture?

JeffK

This is a work in progress. Have some spotting to do...

Sensor: IQ3100 Achromatic
Lens: SB17-70mm Alpagon (1 degree or so of tilt). F11 at 0.5sec.
Filters: 6 Stop ND, Yellow-Orange, Soft grad, Circ-Polarizer
Frame: ALPA STC

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 9.10.19 PM.png

Close up of sky. Next time I go on vacation, I'll do a wet clean of the sensor first, and avoid this cleanup work.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 9.10.07 PM.png

Behind the scenes. iPhone 8 Plus.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 9.25.02 PM.png

Last edited: