The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

jotloob

Subscriber Member
P.Chong
You are shooting handheld with an ALPA STC . I never tried this . May I ask you , what ViewFinder you use , if any . Could you show an image of the VF and the camera ?

P. Chong

Yes, hand held. No viewfinder. Just the LV on the CFV back. With the Rodie HR40, I set the focus at hyperfocal. I think it was f/16. I do miss the Phase One ability to manually input the f stop to the back for EXIF record. As it is, the Hassie back only records the 1/200s electronic shutter.

I began experimenting after reading this thread right here on the MF Forum. With thanks to Paul.

P.Chong
You are shooting handheld with an ALPA STC . I never tried this . May I ask you , what ViewFinder you use , if any . Could you show an image of the VF and the camera ?

Last edited:

shfoto

Not much traffic on this channel lately...

I am attaching a couple of shots from a little project I did recently. I spent one morning in the village of Sent in the Unterengadin. The area is located in south-eastern Switzerland, close to the border to Austria. The Engadiner houses are well known for their style. Their massive walls keep the cold out in winter. But they are also often nicely decorated. They used to be living space and barn for cattle and goats at the same time. Hence, their entrance doors look still more like barn doors than regular doors...

All images were taken with my Campo WRS 1600, IQ3 100 and SK 35 XL.

CF043676.2400px.web.jpg

CF043627.2400px.web.jpg

kdphotography

My version of the iconic "must take shot" when visiting the Lofoten Islands in Norway. The TVC-24 tripod was too short to position the camera over the rail. It wouldn't really matter since I'm not tall enough anyway. Who designed that awful rail on the bridge viewpoint? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: No matter, the Cambo WRS1600 with HR40 lens just fit between the rails. Four image square stitch with frame averaging.P0003094_Panorama WEB small.jpg

MartinN

My version of the iconic "must take shot" when visiting the Lofoten Islands in Norway. The TVC-24 tripod was too short to position the camera over the rail. It wouldn't really matter since I'm not tall enough anyway. Who designed that awful rail on the bridge viewpoint? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: No matter, the Cambo WRS1600 with HR40 lens just fit between the rails. Four image square stitch with frame averaging.
I am used to viewpoints not only having rails, but steel netting with openings only big enough for an actioncam or phone lens. Damned.

Should be called beauty soft focus fence.

Last edited:

Greg Haag

This is a spot I would like to return for a second attempt, it just happen to be sort of on my path from Monument Valley to Death Valley. I really struggled right up until sunset with lens flare on the 32 Rodenstock. If you have not been there, it is hard to appreciate the scale of Horseshoe Bend. From where I was standing, it is about 1,000’ down to the Colorado River and about 3/4 mile wide. For a sense of scale if you notice toward the bottom of the image you can barely see two kayakers and their tents, I added a crop into where the kayakers are at.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm
Horseshoe Bend-1.jpg

Horseshoe Bend kayakers-1.jpg

Greg Haag

We hiked every morning and evening in Death Valley getting to locations we wanted to shoot. The hike to this was the shortest but I thought I was going to die getting there, only about 1/2 mile but a particularly steep grade. My daughter was with me on the trip so I was doing my best not to embarrass myself by repeatedly having to stop and catch my breath, I cannot ever remember being so grateful to reach a photographic location.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 90mm 2 image pan
Death Valley canyon road-1.jpg

JeffK

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 10.19.30 AM.png

Needs some cleanup/spotting still. 15mm - L and 15mm - R shifts.
Used the pano-merge in Capture One v23.

Body: Actus G
Sensor: IQ3100A
Lens: Rodenstock 135mm APO-Sironar Digital
Filters: UV/IR Cut, LEE Yellow/Orange and a 10 stop ND.
Exposure: 10 sec each panel

Single exposure below - no pano.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 3.53.39 PM.png