The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

rdeloe

Fujifilm GFX 100S, Arca-Swiss F-Univeralis, and Mamiya N 43mm f/4.5 L -- tilt to bring everything into focus.

I don't normally gravitate towards photographs of bridges and water control structures... The project this is a part of has been a nice push out of my comfort zone. Figuring out how to make a photograph of this kind of structure that someone might want to spend a few moments with to understand what's going on has been a good challenge, ideally suited to a technical camera.

R. de Loe GFXB7322.jpg

Greg Haag

I normally don't post this stuff, but the sunrise was so spectacular I decided to. When we finish a project to turnover to a tenant, I will always do an exterior shot. This morning just happened to be great, I was wishing I was shooting this in someplace like Death Valley or the Oregon Coast.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm
Hytrol Project.jpg

lookbook

I normally don't post this stuff, but the sunrise was so spectacular I decided to. When we finish a project to turnover to a tenant, I will always do an exterior shot. This morning just happened to be great, I was wishing I was shooting this in someplace like Death Valley or the Oregon Coast.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm
View attachment 203811
... Death Valley has been spectacularly photographed by many -
you are the only one who will ever have photographed this building so spectacularly!
a really great job!
i wish more would photograph their work very well like you do here!
!

Will Deleon

Went out with a couple of buddies to a local rocky beach in Palos Verdes, CA. I've owned an IQ4 for a while now, but never tried frame averaging. That thing is sweet! I also had a 45mm Rodenstock (magenta ring) converted to cambo mount by Digital Integrations a while back. That thing holds up really well!

Cambo WRS 1250
IQ4150
Rodenstock 45mm Digital

P0020506_web.jpg

tcdeveau

Went out with a couple of buddies to a local rocky beach in Palos Verdes, CA. I've owned an IQ4 for a while now, but never tried frame averaging. That thing is sweet! I also had a 45mm Rodenstock (magenta ring) converted to cambo mount by Digital Integrations a while back. That thing holds up really well!

Cambo WRS 1250
IQ4150
Rodenstock 45mm Digital

View attachment 203928
Frame averaging is the bees knees for scenes like this

Last edited:

P. Chong

Here is an interesting video featuring LF camera for street portraits. As someone commented, the real skill is asking and convincing people.
wow! Interesting video. I am also impressed he nailed the focus even at f/5.6.

Reactions: B L

alexfth

Greetings from Tuscany. Weather here is very changeable and today doesn't disappoint. This is just a little way West from Pienza. Someone is really getting rained on!!

View attachment 202532

100s, M-Two, Schneider 60mm XL, 15mm Rise​
Cheers....

Victor B.
Hello Victor, how does the 60mm perform with the 100s? Does it need LCC? what are the maximum movements?

Greg Haag

Camped at Convict lake a couple nights ago, it is in the Eastern Sierra's near Mammoth Lakes, California. According to Wikipedia the lake was renamed from its traditional Mono name by American settlers after an incident on September 23, 1871, in which a group of convicts escaped from prison in Carson City, Nevada, and took refuge near the lake. They were pursued by a posse, and after it caught up to the convicts, a shootout followed.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 32mm Rodenstock
convict lake.jpg

diggles

A couple of months before we went on our trip to Hawai'i, Kilauea stopped erupting. It resumed 4 days after we got back home. Seeing the volcano erupting was one of the main reasons we wanted to go to Hawai'i in the first place so we decided to go back one week after we go home! I'm glad we did because it has stopped erupting again– https://apnews.com/article/hawaii-volcano-eruption-lava-kilauea-850ac13a85d9050aa1a064fe1feba63f.

The first time I went I brought the GFX, this time I brought the IQ4 instead.

For my first attempt at this composition I tried focus stacking. It seemed simple enough to make two exposures, one focusing on the waterfall and the other on the foliage in the foreground. Helicon Focus was not able to separate the foliage from the background. I am very happy that I made another exposure with the 60XL and a couple degrees of tilt.

Cambo WRS 1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider 60XL @ f/11
Kulaniapia Falls at Twilight by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Same waterfall, different composition. This time the two image focus stack worked.

Cambo WRS 1600 + IQ4 + Schneider 60XL @ f/11
Kulaniapia Falls Waiau Boulders by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

This image was taken from the same spot as the above picture, but this time with a longer focal length.

Cambo WRS 1600 + IQ4 + Schneider 120 ASPH @ f/11
Kulaniapia Falls in Black and White by Warren Diggles, on Flickr