The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

gurtch

Fontys Academy of Arts, Tilburg (with some heavy handed PP to emulate something I tried in my chemical darkroom years ago but never succeeded really well)

Sony A850 + Helios 35/2.8 (M42)
What was the darkroom effect you were trying to emulate? I also had a darkroom from 1959 until about 10 or 12 tears ago when we moved.
Dave

pegelli

What was the darkroom effect you were trying to emulate? I also had a darkroom from 1959 until about 10 or 12 tears ago when we moved.
Dave
Thanks Dave, it's what I tried on Agfa Bromopaper (forgot how it was exactly called) but at least a slightly warm tone by itself and then a relatively dark and heavy rendering but without everything going to black. This particular Agfa paper responded well to that even though none of my results looked really good. As a last step I added some grain to this digital capture to make it more look like a FP4 type negative.

EDIT: just remembered, the particular paper was called "AGFA Brovira" paper

Last edited:

gurtch

Thanks Dave, it's what I tried on Agfa Bromopaper (forgot how it was exactly called) but at least a slightly warm tone by itself and then a relatively dark and heavy rendering but without everything going to black. This particular Agfa paper responded well to that even though none of my results looked really good. As a last step I added some grain to this digital capture to make it more look like a FP4 type negative.

EDIT: just remembered, the particular paper was called "AGFA Brovira" paper
Yes, I used Brovira from time to time, as I recall a bromide paper with a "blue black" look.
Dave