The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

scho

A few more sample shots taken with the A6000M and the companion lens to the Contax 24-85, the 70-200 F/3.5-4.5 Vario-Sonnar. All auto focused with the Fringer CN-SE adapter. The monochrome converted Sony A6000 uses only contrast detect AF (as do all monochrome converted cameras), but although the conversion process destroys PD AF, contrast detect exhibits some enhancement (bur still not as good as PDAF).

70 mm

200 mm

Maple flowers 200 mm

scho

A6000M with the Contax N 24-85 in Fringer AF adapter. Trying a new app for noise reduction. DXO PureRAW that gives access to their AI Deep Prime routines. Works well in batch processing mode. Just import raws directly from SD card into PureRAW for processing and conversion to DNG that can be automatically exported to your main image processing app (Lightroom in my case) for further processing as needed. Very smooth workflow.

scho

Old mill remnant near Fall Creek below Ithaca Falls. A6000M with Contax N 24-85 /3.5-4.5 Vario-Sonnar in Fringer CN-SE AF adapter. Had on a variable ND filter set to minimum density.

3 shot pano of Ithaca Falls with maximum filter density. ISO 100 f/11 1/15 sec.

2 shot pano of Fall creek gorge below the falls. Same exposure and filter setting as above.

pegelli

On a recent walk in the local forest (park) last week I gave myself a challenge to come up with a varied set of textures that could be converted to B&W.

Here's the five best ones (imho) that I came home with

1: Blistering Bark

2: Fungal stump

3: Sack cloth protection

4: Exercise bar

5: Last year's textures

All A7ii + M-Elmarit 90/2.8 (M39)

camping

Pegelli
Interesting results from your idea of a “texture challenge”.
It is hard to find a new perspective on things to photograph, at this time, and your “challenge” idea is a possible solution.
Thanks, Paul

scho

Maple tree buds again. The flower buds opened about 2 weeks ago, but the cold weather has held back the vegetative buds containing the leaves. Sony A6000M monochrome converted camera with E 2.8/16-55 G lens. Processed through DXO PureRAW to Lightroom.