The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

davemillier

Gone fishing

A7 + Samyang FE 35/2.8
This is a nice shot. But there is a little more to be eked out of it. Consider a near square crop removing the empty right hand side and that little breakwater on the left. Then you have a simpler shot where the twin fishing rods echo the twin poles in the sea on a diagonal. Concentrated goodness.

pegelli

Thanks for the comment and suggestion Dave,

You mean something like this:

It's certainly simpler and I also like it. Don't know which one I like best yet, that will probably take a few days to figure out. Would be interested what other people think about it as well.

scho

It's certainly simpler and I also like it. Don't know which one I like best yet, that will probably take a few days to figure out. Would be interested what other people think about it as well.
I prefer the composition in this version as well. The breakwater in the original was distracting from the twin theme in this image.

davemillier

I like it better than the whole frame, but good idea to let it settle for a bit. Then follow your instincts, always worth listening to others, but in the end choose what works for you.