The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The GFX100S – a smaller, yet still powerful sibling of the flagship GFX100

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Different bodies just feel different. The only Canon bodies I like holding are the full size 1D, 1Ds, 1Dx, etc. Ditto the Fuji MF. I didn't like holding the "little" ones, but the GFX 100 felt balanced in the hand. It, like everything else, is personal.

SrMphoto

You know I have had the tiltable EVF and I actually do use it a lot, and I do like the balance of the grip and the overall camera. But sometimes it just seems too large / cumbersome to take around. I was actually recently debating moving to a FF camera like a leica sl2 just for a size drop, but then I don't like the 2:3 ratio. Yes you can crop but its just not the same when compared to shooting in the native format.

It definitely is some food for thought for me, but I am leaning towards the smaller size as of now. I put my order in but we shall see.
I agree that the tiltable EVF is cumbersome and I often remove the tilting adapter when carrying the GFX100 around.
I am OK with both 3:2 and 4:2 ratios, but I noticed one thing. In occasionally crop a 3:2 ratio to 4:3, but never the other way around.

algrove

If Fuji can put all this with IBIS into the 100S then I am waiting for the 100R in perhaps 2022.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I preferred the balance and handling of the 100 to either of the 50's. In the end, I didn't prefer any of them enough. A 100 more like the older bodies has no appeal for me, but I'm delighted for everyone who has wanted that sensor in that form. It's a spectacular system from optics to sensor. Ergonomics is too personal.

So with all these marvelous systems at our disposal, and a beautiful snowstorm outside, why am I sitting here drinking coffee?

SahotaR

I will buy this camera for IBIS and its size.
Very happy with 50s but miss the IBIS when usingGF110.

Just one question, is there a Medium Raw option on 100s? For most of what I do, don't need 100mp for everything.

SrMphoto

Probably, but you can also use compressed raws, theyre almost half the size
There are three modes for raw recording with GFX100: uncompressed (200MB), lossless (100MB), compressed (60MB) (sizes approximate). The lossless mode is the one to use.
There is no reason to use uncompressed mode and compressed mode is lossy. I do not recommend it as it degrades image quality. AFAIK, nobody recommends it.

Quentin_Bargate

Sadly for my marriage, I have ordered one. ;). My GFX100 was stolen from the trunk of my car, along with most of my GFX lenses. However, I was insured (y). I have been relying on a Lumix S1r in the meantime (excellent camera by the way, with some great L-Mount lenses), but no sane MF using person could resist such temptation as a smaller, lighter, GFX100s

algrove

I just left my trunk unlocked, but sadly only a couple of 50R bodies for the taking. Let's see that will easily cover one 100S body.

Christopher

Can’t wait for my 100s will be a Perfect addition to my 100 and IQ4150. Now we just need a Phase one - GFX tilt adapter with electronic control. :)

Satrycon

ミラーレスデジタルカメラ「FUJIFILM GFX100S」お届け遅延のお知らせ

2021年2月1日
富士フイルムイメージングシステムズ株式会社

お客さま各位
平素は富士フイルム製品をご愛顧賜り厚く御礼申し上げます。
2月下旬発売予定のミラーレスデジタルカメラ「FUJIFILM GFX100S」は、想定を超えるご予約をいただき、準備数量を上回る状況となっております。
そのため、ご注文いただいた製品をお届けするまでにお時間をいただく場合がございます。
できる限りご予約の数量にお応えすべく鋭意努力しておりますが、何卒ご理解のほどよろしくお願い申し上げます。

>>>>>>>>>

Mirrorless digital camera "FUJIFILM GFX100S" delivery delay notice
February 1, 2021
FUJIFILM Imaging Systems Co., Ltd. Dear customers We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continued patronage of FUJIFILM products. The mirrorless digital camera "FUJIFILM GFX100S" scheduled to be released in late February has received more reservations than expected, and the number of reservations has exceeded the number of preparations. Therefore, it may take some time before the ordered product is delivered.
We will do our best to meet the quantity of reservations as much as possible, but we appreciate your understanding.

Last edited:

algrove

That new Cambo ACTUS G 19 looks interesting for GFX100S use. 9mm of shift is a bit limiting, but still useful plus it has tilt and swing.