The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The one lens for the apocalypse…

JeffK

Mushroom heads are banging at the door…

what lens are you grabbing on your way out the back?

yes, you already have a gun and bullets, but you only have room for one lens.

daz7

I have a thing for Super Symmar HM - the more I use it the more I love it.
Hopefully no muchrooms to be seen as too much gamma radiation may damage a lens coating.

Paul Spinnler

43 XL

The best of the best from SchneiderLand; 0 distortion, endless shift, compact, sharp. Focal length is universally useful.

UlbabrabB

My Hermagis Petzval 330mm f4, and just the sun to shoot wet plate collodion during the apocalypse like it was 1850 :p

anyone

Hasselblad Planar 80, the c-version. Ultimate classic, small and lightweight.

Edit: Because guns and bullets aren't that popular in Europe and arguably weigh a lot, I can also take my 500C/M instead to enjoy the lens. It also doubles as self-defence item due to its build quality.

Last edited:

pegelli

What's the point of taking one lens (and I assume one camera) if you have no darkroom or computer to process the results any further?

mristuccia

I do concur with @anyone : a Planar 80 C T* is all I'd need.
I think I can frame the mushroom head quite well with its FOV.
If not, I'll take the best part of it before going forever. 🙂

hcubell

The Hasselblad XCD 35-70mm zoom.
After watching the Last of US, this is now what you are all planning for? [G]