The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughtful and deep-seated photographic quotes or citations

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Please feel free to share your favourite photography quotes. It is not necessary about the most known quotes but rather something that connects with you. It could be a short citation from your favourite book, a thought or simply just an observation.

darr

--

I was in the third grade and probably a very anxious child as my parents had recently split up and I went from living in beautiful Topanga Canyon to ice cold New Jersey. I wrote with my left hand, but now I was being forced to write with my right hand -- sad, crazy times. But, because I would get my work done quicker than everyone else, my teacher allowed me to go to the library to be with my favorite things -- books. I spent a lot of my time that year with a set of encyclopedias when I happen upon the image above. It hit me hard and I knew from that moment, I was going to be a photographer. I have a print of Migrant Mother made from the original negative and it is THE photo that has remained with me since the third grade. So the above quote speaks to me loudly.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member

--

I was in the third grade and probably a very anxious child as my parents had recently split up and I went from living in beautiful Topanga Canyon to ice cold New Jersey. I wrote with my left hand, but now I was being forced to write with my right hand -- sad, crazy times. But, because I would get my work done quicker than everyone else, my teacher allowed me to go to the library to be with my favorite things -- books. I spent a lot of my time that year with a set of encyclopedias when I happen upon the image above. It hit me hard and I knew from that moment, I was going to be a photographer. I have a print of Migrant Mother made from the original negative and it is THE photo that has remained with me since the third grade. So the above quote speaks to me loudly.
Thank you so much for sharing!