The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

Three of the many images I captured last November and December while experimenting with a Sony A7ii with a Laowa 100mm 2X macro lens and two 2X teleconverters, with a Venus Optics KX800 twin flash. The first two were probably around 6X magnification with effective f-numbers of around f/200 or larger, the last one a more modest f/90 or so. The raw files were processed using DXO PhotoLab, Lightroom and Topaz DeNoise AI.

A globular springtail, 2mm or so long.

1824 21 2020_11_08 DSC09794_PLab4 LR 1300h DNAIcAutoMed
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

Rather larger. A snail.

1850 042 2020_12_17 DSC08301_PLab4 LR 1300h DNAIcMedHi

The whole snail.

1850 053 2020_12_17 DSC08336_PLab4 LR 1300h DNAIcMedHi

pegelli

An oldie from 2007, cropped to 40% of the area of the 6 MP sensor in my KonicaMinolta 5D and using a cheap Tamron 70-300 "telemacro" zoom lens
I'm amazed how much a little PP was still able to extract from this shot 😇 , but I don't think a large print is in the cards 🥴

Crested tit

pegelli

The crocus in our front yard are coming up and now frequented by a whole lot of bumble bees, who are still a bit sluggish so early in the year
(which is great for photographing them :) )

Climbing out

Teamwork

On top

All Sony A7ii + Helios 44-4 (58mm/f2)

Darin Marcus

Nice back lighting. Looks like he is having it his way too.
Thanks!
It was the back lighting that got my attention - I've never seen that before...
On top of a trash can, in the parking lot of a park, just as I was ready to get in the car and drive away :)

pegelli

We also have some turtles in the local waters here

Sometimes hard to spot

This one stayed a bit longer when I got closer

But a few seconds after I took this one it also dove in and went for a swim

All A7Rii + M-Elmarit 90/2.8 (M39)