The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

pegelli

Mr and Mrs Cardinal stopped by for brunch today.

Sony A7RIVA FE 28-60
Nice, but did you sharpen or use one of the new Topaz tools? It seems it did some strange things to the background bokeh and created an "outline" around the birds.

scho

Nice, but did you sharpen or use one of the new Topaz tools? It seems it did some strange things to the background bokeh and created an "outline" around the birds.
I had inadvertently stopped down to f/8, which I don't normally do for this kind of shot and the file was processed through Topaz AI Denoise. Bokeh is very weird also.

pegelli

This bird of prey landed in our garden and was stepping around for some time. We hoped he would catch a mole (we have too many mole hills in our lawn) but unfortunately he didn't.

Sony A7Rii + FE70-300G

It's a heavy crop (only used 4.1 MP of the 42 MP the sensor has available) the lens fully extended (300 mm) and wide open (f5.6) and iso was 12400 so I am quite surprised how good it still came out.