The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

scho

A grey tufted titmouse surveying the seed offering (safflower only) in my BirdBuddy feeder. I ordered this device more than a year ago when it was on Kickstarter and it finally arrived yesterday. It has a solar powered battery and wifi 6 MP camera with a fixed focus and aperture wide angle lens. AI onboard IDs birds that land on the feeder from the image it captures and the image, along with bird id and GPS map location is recorded in a message sent to the app on your phone. The app needs some work to speed up the id process, but it basically works. Misses a lot of the small and quick bird visitors like the tits so hit rate is low. Other issue is extreme lens DOF that results in distracting backgrounds. I tried masking this shot to blur and reduce background exposure.

scho

A grey tufted titmouse surveying the seed offering (safflower only) in my BirdBuddy feeder. I ordered this device more than a year ago when it was on Kickstarter and it finally arrived yesterday. It has a solar powered battery and wifi 6 MP camera with a fixed focus and aperture wide angle lens. AI onboard IDs birds that land on the feeder from the image it captures and the image, along with bird id and GPS map location is recorded in a message sent to the app on your phone. The app needs some work to speed up the id process, but it basically works. Misses a lot of the small and quick bird visitors like the tits so hit rate is low. Other issue is extreme lens DOF that results in distracting backgrounds. I tried masking this shot to blur and reduce background exposure.

and another bird selfie. the tiny chickadee: