The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

TLRs anyone?

Hausen

Hi Cindy, thanks again, was very happy with that photo. Right place, right time and right camera/film. My Maxwell screen just arrived this morning and I am going to send mine in for some love as well. My wife and I are heading to her home town in Switzerland for first 2 weeks or August so want it all ready to go. Will have to use my Rolleicord Va while I wait for its return.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just got some rolls back from Dwayne's that I shot with my Rolleis. All scanned on Epson 500V/Vuescan.
Rolleiflex f/2.8F 80mm Planar, Portra 400

Rolleicord V 3.5 75mm Xenar, Efke 25

Last edited:

camperbc

If my health allows, I will be heading outside this weekend with my beloved 1958 Yashica 635 dual format TLR for my first time ever shooting a Yashica TLR! I have had this absolutely flawless camera for awhile, but have been bedridden for most of the past few months. (permanent spinal injury) I am determined, however, to get up and outside with my cameras in tow, and explore some of the incredibly scenic coastal trails near my Fogo Island (Newfoundland) home over the next few days, come hell or high water!

I have also just recently decided to get back into the darkroom, for the first time in decades. I've just ordered a bunch of developing goodies, and am starting to feel like a kid on Christmas morning! I will post the results from my very first Yashica 635 shoot on here soon... assuming that I can still remember how to develop film after my 35 year hiatus!

In the meantime, here are a couple photos of my rare 635; rare due to its factory-installed black radial control dials for aperture and shutter speed. (they are normally silver dials on these cameras) It is widely believed that only a handful of 635's ever left the factory with these black knobs; it's possible that this may be the only remaining one in existence.

Glen

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Dual format!?! I didn't even know that this camera existed. Very, very interesting, and a beautiful camera too. Good luck with your shooting :thumbup:

bensonga

First time out with a new to me Mamiya C330f and the 55mm lens. I have owned a Mamiya C220 for 35+ years, I never had it's big brother, the C330. The 55mm is also one lens for the Mamiya TLR which I've never had. Bought both of these from KEH recently.

I don't think these are quite as good as the similar images I've shot recently with the Hasselblad 503CXi and 100mm CFi lens, but I suppose that is not surprising....the Zeiss 100mm is an exceptionally good lens.

Gary

Velvia 100, medium resolution lab scan.

J

JohnW

Rolleiflex 3.5F here. Just got it out after many years, with an expired roll of Tri-X.

John

J

JohnW

That portrait is really nice. What a beautiful face and expression. (The woman, not the cat. :)) I like to color pallatte, too.

John

Mammy645

That portrait is really nice. What a beautiful face and expression. (The woman, not the cat. :)) I like to color pallatte, too.

John
Thank you, I'm lucky enough to see that face every day :) I love the colors too, film is gorgeous.

silver92b

Old thread, but I just started resurrecting an old C220 that a friend gave me. Loaded some 120 Fujicolor film and I can't wait to go out and shoot. I've been battling a cold for a few days and it's very cold outside so I'll have to wait.

I found this old print I shot more than 30 yrs ago with a Seagull TLR... Not nearly as sharp and good as the shots I see in this thread, but it reminds me how much fun it was..

Those children are now in their 40's no doubt

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Silver92b,
I haven't contributed to this thread for a while, because I sold my TLR. It so happens that this week, I bought a Yashicamat 124 and it is on its way to me. I look forward to your photos with the C220, and maybe I'll be adding some from the Yashicamat soon, too.

silver92b

Yes, I'm kind of anxious to shoot with it (I also loaded some ISO 400 color film in my 35mm OM-1). It's a funny thing though.. With the digital cameras I click away at everything indiscriminately and promiscuously. With the film cameras I want to actually find something worthwhile to shoot... Of course, I'll probably screw up most of the shots LOL!

silver92b

First time out with a new to me Mamiya C330f and the 55mm lens. I have owned a Mamiya C220 for 35+ years, I never had it's big brother, the C330. The 55mm is also one lens for the Mamiya TLR which I've never had. Bought both of these from KEH recently.

I don't think these are quite as good as the similar images I've shot recently with the Hasselblad 503CXi and 100mm CFi lens, but I suppose that is not surprising....the Zeiss 100mm is an exceptionally good lens.

Gary

Velvia 100, medium resolution lab scan.

Awesome shots. Is that a Howard DGA by chance?

bensonga

Thanks Silver92b. I'm pretty sure it is a de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver which is a pretty common airplane in Alaska.

I have many other photos of Beavers here in Alaska, but most of them were not taken with my TLRs....which reminds me that I need to get out and shoot with them more often.

Gary

silver92b

Thanks for the info Gary. Those are interesting airplanes. BYW, I would like to visit Alaska to see it, and take photos of course. My son travels there fairly often as he is a sales rep and some of his customers are in Fairbanks.
Anyway, much as I *respect* grizzly bears, I'd love to photograph them in the wild. Alaska seems to be one of the last large wildlife habitats in N. America.

Manuel