The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

To those with new Mono, any lens failing to pass muster?

Sanford Lavine

I’ve been enjoying my M10 M for months. I will close with a list of lenses I’ve used with this camera, but would like to say that I’m very pleased with the resulting images from all.

I do read lens reviews and rely on Edwin Putts excellent reference information. However, I choose a particular lens for how it helps me capture what I see.

Here’s the lenses I use on my M10 M:

50 1.4 Summilux
50 2.0 APO
35 1.4 Summilux FLE
21 3.4 SEM
90 2.4 Summarit
90 2.0 APO

Each one unique, each seems to have it’s own character, and each one is special.

JohnBrew

Thank you, Sanford. I’ve shot most of those lenses and concur. I must clarify an earlier post in that I stated I had a new Mono on the way. It was a rental and I had hoped to put it through its paces this weekend. Alas, the delivery people screwed up the delivery and I never received it!
Such is life in the “new times”. Stay tuned...

algrove

John---there's an M10 M for sale at FM: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1643563/0?keyword=leica,M#15205542

Just in case Dante comes calling and you want to save a little :grin:
Ken
IMHO, if you want a M10M just buy it new since even used prices are very high compared to anything else in FF.

BTW, one lens I kept is the 226 gram Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 which works very well on the Monochrom. It creates an interesting image with character where the images do not feel too crisp, but still draws beautifully. I'll try to find an image for tomorrows Dusting off the Hard Drives-Landscapes thread over on MF as one example.

Last edited:

JohnBrew

[
BTW, one lens I kept is the 226 gram Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 which works very well on the Monochrom. It creates an interesting image with character where the images do not feel too crisp, but still draws beautifully. I'll try to find an image for tomorrows Dusting off the Hard Drives-Landscapes thread over on MF as one example.[/QUOTE]

Lou, love that lens. I took an M9P and Tele-Elmarit 90 as my only lens to Portugal last year. Never felt the need for another lens on that trip. Although an APO 50 would’ve been nice. :)

D&A

Quite tempting! If Dante came calling mama spank.
However, most definitely waiting for a chrome version which if past models are any indication will be in about 1 1/2 years.
John, hard to say if there will be a chrome model of the M10M since the M246 monochrom was only released in black. Time will tell.

Dave (D&A)

JohnBrew

Well, there seem to be plenty of M9 chrome Mono’s around. With a stable of M8.2 and M9P in chrome I would really hate to have an interloper...:ROTFL:[SUP][/SUP]