The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Today is the day ... Capture One 22 !!!

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,
Capture One is announced to be releasing a major upgrade today ... the details about what will be new can be found on their website ...

I created this topic for us to share our experience in the upgrade process ... how did it go for you ???
Any problems upgrading ? Any solutions found ?

I went with the reduced price early payment ... did you ?

Let's share also any thoughts about the v22 !

Stay safe but have fun,
Rafael

Knorp

I’ll be awaiting your feedback, Raf.
Afterall starting this thread makes you the ideal ‘guinea pig’ candidate …

f6cvalkyrie

Well, Bart, on my Windows 10 computer, Capture One first did not let me enter into my account, but I got in after using a link to change password ... although I am sure I used the correct password on my initial trial to get in ...

Once in, I downloaded the free trial, and launched the C1 v22 software.
I got a screen to enter my licence key, which I did, and the software completed launching ...

I'm currently exploring the "new features" as shown on startup ...

After all, a rather painless start ...

I'll do my MacBook Pro tonight ...

C U
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Last saturday, I shot a small panorama in order to quickly test the pano-stitching function of C1 v22 ... I watched the introduction video of the C1 learning hub and tried to do the same on my computer ...
In my 2-screen setup, things did not go as announced : I had to manually import the .dng panofile, but the file was where it was supposed to be ... other than this, no problems with stitching ...

C U,
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

I found some spare time to upgrade also on the MacBook Pro ... this went all according to the rules ... absolutely no problems ...
Now I'm done for this update.

Awaiting your experiences !
Rafael

Alan

I paid the discounted early upgrade fee, solely for new camera compatibility and (hopefully) continued bug fixes. I won’t be installing it right away, not until I have time for testing. The headline features of pano stitching and HDR will be limited in capability and control compared to the dedicated tools I already have.

alatreille

No mention of AMD on the recommended list...
Do you think this is an oversite, or some other reason?

Microsoft® Windows® minimum requirements
  • Intel or AMD CPU with 2 cores
Recommended system requirements
If working with high-resolution images and doing calculation-heavy adjustments we recommend the following:
  • Intel CPU with 4+ cores

buildbot

No mention of AMD on the recommended list...
Do you think this is an oversite, or some other reason?

Microsoft® Windows® minimum requirements
  • Intel or AMD CPU with 2 cores
Recommended system requirements
If working with high-resolution images and doing calculation-heavy adjustments we recommend the following:
  • Intel CPU with 4+ cores
I’d imagine it’s something silly like their internal testing pipeline is only Intel so they only say that. Processor specific bugs in applications are possible but somewhat rare in my experience. I don’t really know though, maybe something very specific like AVX512 is enabled in C1 which is only Intel right now. But they’d have to have that disabled for some modern intel chips anyway…

ShaunQ

Anyone else having trouble logging in to their Phase One profile account to obtain a license key for Capture One? Hoping they haven't ditched Phase One DB users :( Can't login to the Phase One website using my confirmed details to obtain a new license key for 22.

f6cvalkyrie

Anyone else having trouble logging in to their Phase One profile account to obtain a license key for Capture One? Hoping they haven't ditched Phase One DB users :( Can't login to the Phase One website using my confirmed details to obtain a new license key for 22.
yes, I also had problems to log in yesterday, but then I clicked on "forgot PW", received a mail to reset PW, did that, and could log in ...
I hope it works for you too ...

C U
Rafael

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I’m looking forward to see how the new release works with the M1 MBP Max Pro with 64GB Ram. It should be absolutely awesome but there’s always some restriction for photo editing vs just video.

k-hawinkler

I had pre-paid and installed on my Apple Silicon M1 Mac mini on Big Sur and on Monterey.
That worked fine.

CO22 seems to behaving like CO21 on both macOS, identically but differently.
On Big Sur I can crop successfully an image and then copy/paste the crop size into another raw image.
On Monterey I can crop an image successfully.
However when I then try to copy/paste the crop size to another raw file that doesn’t work.
This bug is the same on CO21 and CO22 on the latest macOS Monterey.
Other adjustments seem to copy fine to other raw files.
It’s only copying crops I can’t seem to do on Monterey.
That sucks.

I would appreciate if someone else could try this on Monterey and report back.
I want to make sure it’s not user error on my part.

I had pre-paid and installed on my Apple Silicon M1 Mac mini on Big Sur and on Monterey.
That worked fine.

CO22 seems to behaving like CO21 on both macOS, identically but differently.
On Big Sur I can crop successfully an image and then copy/paste the crop size into another raw image.
On Monterey I can crop an image successfully.
However when I then try to copy/paste the crop size to another raw file that doesn’t work.
This bug is the same on CO21 and CO22 on the latest macOS Monterey.
Other adjustments seem to copy fine to other raw files.
It’s only copying crops I can’t seem to do on Monterey.
That sucks.

I would appreciate if someone else could try this on Monterey and report back.
I want to make sure it’s not user error on my part.
This drove me nuts too. There is a fix. On adjustment tab click three dots, then click auto select, then select plain adjusted not adjusted except composition. See attached.Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 7.30.51 AM.png

k-hawinkler

This drove me nuts too. There is a fix. On adjustment tab click three dots, then click auto select, then select plain adjusted not adjusted except composition. See attached.View attachment 190027
Thank you weldonbrewster indeed, that solved my problem.
WOW! I need to get deeper into CO than I ever wanted to.
The hardest part for me was finding the Adjustments Clipboard.
I followed these instructions.:

Using the Adjustments Clipboard to select and copy certain adjustments

1. Navigate to the Tool tabs area and choose the Adjustments tab.

2. Select the image that you want to copy the adjustments from.

... then I followed your instructions. ;)

Thank you again, with best regards, Karl-Heinz.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I’m looking forward to see how the new release works with the M1 MBP Max Pro with 64GB Ram. It should be absolutely awesome but there’s always some restriction for photo editing vs just video.
Well, nothing *I* do takes any time or fails to work perfectly. Results look splendid without fighting. Files are "only" 64MP, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Any tests you'd like? Export 100 jpegs or something? In LR, this laptop was about 20% faster than a 10 core iMac Pro with 128 GB Ram.

ShaunQ

Managed to activate C1 22 by manually activating :) Logged into my Capture One profile instead of Phase One which still wasn't working this morning, found my previous license key, then started C1 22 and activated manually using the QR code and my iPhone. Glad that worked out, now to start importing catalogues and prefs.