The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travel tripod for a tech cam

dj may

If anyone knows of a padded bag that nicely fits the RRS TFC 34L, that would be very helpful to know. The Gitzo GFC 3101 (designed for the Gitzo 2 and 3 Mountaineers) is certainly long enough, but does anyone know if the RRS 3 Series legs are comparatively too chunky to fit the width of that bag?
When I was in the U.S. last year I bought a Ruggard bag from B&H for my Systematic 5. It is lightly padded and there are multiple sizes that may work for you.

bab

Interesting thread i've been in the situation often...travel tripods are unstable and thats in no wind. my best solution and images came when I decided to sacrifice height and use a mini tripod thats beefy. the lower view point resulted in really great images, a flip screen on camera helps.

ThdeDude

Interesting thread i've been in the situation often...travel tripods are unstable and thats in no wind. my best solution and images came when I decided to sacrifice height and use a mini tripod thats beefy.
This is the balancing act, the judgment call: Having a travel or hiking tripod that is lightweight - ultralightweight but not "stupid lightweight".

(With "stupid lightweight" I mean too lightweight to be useful for its intended purpose.)