The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Use another H5-Body with H5D60 Back

DBF

I have H5D60 and want to buy a used H5 Body as "Backup".

Will it work or will it has to calibrated or whatever by HB?
I wrote two E-Mails to the HB-"Service" - no Reply.
On Tel, the friendly Man said something like "Maybe" - "I am not sure"

So I hope, to get the Information here.

Thank You!

Steve Hendrix

I have H5D60 and want to buy a used H5 Body as "Backup".

Will it work or will it has to calibrated or whatever by HB?
I wrote two E-Mails to the HB-"Service" - no Reply.
On Tel, the friendly Man said something like "Maybe" - "I am not sure"

So I hope, to get the Information here.

Thank You!

Yes, it will work, and it will work without being calibrated. However, you may find that the auto focus accuracy is impacted. Sending in for calibration can improve this, however I would recommend testing first before assuming it needs the calibration.

Attached is a chart that provides compatibility for HxD bodies and HxD systems (as well as HxX and 3rd party digital backs). This compatibility is broken with the H6 series, which changed many internal electronics. Meaning an H6X is not compatible with an H5D system. But prior to that, a reasonable amount of compatibility. BTW - if you need an HxD body only to use as a backup, feel free to contact me - we have several certified pre-owned units in stock.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Attachments

DBF

Thank You!!
I dont use Autofocus - so it is ok.
You can send an Offer with Private Message.
I like to buy a Body only - Dont need anything (Vievfinder, Focus Screen, Battery, Charger..) with it. Only the protective Caps.

citizin

You can re-cal the back manually with the right hex wrench and patience. It will however be out of cal with the older body. you can also re-cal the body too, I haven't done it in a while, but I think it's the same hex wrench too.